4.3 taking awhile to build

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hello,

I've been on nop4.3 for some time now (coming from 3.8) and the compilation of the project takes 5-15 seconds, whereas 3.8 was almost instantaneous. I've already tried unloading the other projects and just compiling Nop.Web. Not much difference. It really breaks the flow.

I'm pretty sure it's not my machine as I'm running on a fairly high-end config. Any suggestions on how to decrease compile time?

PS. I only have Web Compiler installed.
3 years ago
If you right-click the solution, and select the 'Configuration properties' tab (on the left), you can uncheck Build for all the projects you know don't need to be recompiled (e.g. plugins you're not working on).  It will save a little time, but 5 - 15 secs is about normal.

(Having an SSD helps too ;)
3 years ago
Hi, as mentioned, I've already unloaded projects, so they aren't being recompiled. This includes all the plugins, nop.core, nop.services, and nop.data. Only Nop.Web and Nop.Web.Framework are being built.

I forgot to to include in the first post: it EATS memory. I can hit 3-4GB while debugging. Crazy!
3 years ago
Hello
the 5 - 15 Second is normal loading time and as eating memory
update your visual studio to latest version
and use checkdisk on your operation system drive
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.