Upgrade from 3.8 to 4.4 results in wrong values in reports

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
in our development environment I ran the update scripts on a copy of the production database and all executed with no issues. I can look at the sum of the order totals and they look correct, even the number of items look correct... but only in the database, once i pull up the reports in the admin ui, i'm getting just about double everything on the orders, double the number of items and double the sold amount$.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a data issue or a code issue, but it feels like a code issue.

What's the best way to verify this issue is code or data?
3 years ago
In the source code, can you work backwards from the UI > View > ReportController, ReportModelFactory > OrderReportService > Method  - at this point you can see the linq queries executed against repositories (tables).

Maybe set break-points and  pick some some clues at this code level if its returning duplicate rows, or unexpected values.

YetAnotherDeveloper wrote:
in our development environment I ran the update scripts on a copy of the production database and all executed with no issues. I can look at the sum of the order totals and they look correct, even the number of items look correct... but only in the database, once i pull up the reports in the admin ui, i'm getting just about double everything on the orders, double the number of items and double the sold amount$.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a data issue or a code issue, but it feels like a code issue.

What's the best way to verify this issue is code or data?
3 years ago
I took a look at the code and it seems that when the product categories were added into the best sellers query it caused a bug.

If a product is in multiple categories then it will be counted once for each category. In my case i have a handful of products that are in 2 categories and they are being counted twice.  If there was a product that was in 3 or N categories then it would be counted N times.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.