Manufacturer settings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hello all,

I would like to NOT show the Manufacturer on the product pages - or anywhere else on the customer side, but I need them on for background / admin reasons (filtering and reports)

How can I do this ? Is there a setting or does it have to be coded somewhere ?

TIA Kenny
3 years ago
Settings / Catalog Settings / Number of manufacturers to display = 0

There's also a setting for displaying MPN on product pages, and if you search "all settings (advanced)" for manufacture you can find any stragglers.
3 years ago
I do have the Settings / Catalog Settings / Number of manufacturers to display = 0, still show the Manufacturer on the product pages.

producteditorsettings.manufacturers  False

Not sure if there are other settings for this ?

Thank you
3 years ago
Huh, that's interesting, manufacturers do not show on my site with those settings.  Did you clear the cache after setting it to 0?

You could find everywhere they are called to display in the cshtml files and comment out those sections.
3 years ago
The setting was "0" - I did not change it
3 years ago
Ok, I looked through the code and you can prevent them from showing up when viewing a product by setting the manufacturer to "un-published".  I do not know what other effects that might have for how you intend to use them, though the docs make it sound like it should only affect the frontend:
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/running-your-store/catalog/manufacturers.html

Select the Published checkbox, to enable the manufacturer to be visible in the public store.

It's also easy to edit the cshtml files.  For example, in Nop.Web / Views / Product / ProductTemplate.Simple.cshtml you would simply comment out this line:

<!--manufacturers-->
@await Html.PartialAsync("_ProductManufacturers", Model.ProductManufacturers)

It's also feasible to implement your own setting, but would require editing the source code.
3 years ago
Thank you !

I will let my developer fix it......

If I unpublish the manufactures, I lose the filtering in admin.

Edit : Reports still works, but I lose the filter in a plugin I use called "Bulk Edit Products" (NOP 4.2)

Kenny
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.