behind reverse proxy/localhost port 5000

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
hello. i have setup like this. nginx reverse proxy(server1) > mginx web server and nopcommerce app (server2) . i have ssl and mixed content error, tried many things but meh, probably i have both nginx bad config, but i writenit using documentation..  

now i need to change that nopcommerce only listen localhost 5000 port, if i can to connect this 5000 port from nginx reverse proxy, i mean another server not 127.0.0.1, i will down nginx web server and everything works fine. can you help me to find this option, where i can access port 5000 on nopcommerce?

version 4.30
3 years ago
Hi bavshve

If i understand correctly, you require for .NET core to listen for requests on port 5000 from sources other than localhost. So that Nginx reverse proxy on a separate host can reach it.

Try this in appsettings.json

"Urls": "http://*:5000"

Also, if there is a software firewall in place on your host running the .NETCore app (UFW for example), ensure to allow INBOUND rule for  port 5000 from IP address of the Nginx proxy host

Give it a try
Jon

bavshve wrote:
hello. i have setup like this. nginx reverse proxy(server1) > mginx web server and nopcommerce app (server2) . i have ssl and mixed content error, tried many things but meh, probably i have both nginx bad config, but i writenit using documentation..  

now i need to change that nopcommerce only listen localhost 5000 port, if i can to connect this 5000 port from nginx reverse proxy, i mean another server not 127.0.0.1, i will down nginx web server and everything works fine. can you help me to find this option, where i can access port 5000 on nopcommerce?

version 4.30
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.