Upgrading using ASP.NET Enterprise Manager - Possible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
I am running (still) 2.65 but now need to upgrade. I have done NOP upgrades in the past but in those days I was still using Windows & the various tools.
Now I only have Linux/Debian PC's and the hosting server is running IIS/MSSQL under Plesk
The only facility I have to access the database in order to perform the upgrade is using the ASP.NET Enterprise Manager on the server.
Quick question:- Is it going to be possible to use ASP.NET EM for the upgrade or do I give up now??
upgrade.sql fails to run the first part (Local String Resources) -> A potentially dangerous Request.Form value
Have tried changing the > and < to &gt/%lt and script appears to run (changes from red to black) but doesn't run
Have tried the web.config changes for validation - no difference
Have tried several of the table modification sections from update.sql and these do run so at least I do have permissions.
The longer stored procedure parts appear to run but do not.
Some Plesk documentation said the database export is done in SQL - however it appears to be binary therefore I can't even get the tables into my local MySQL to play with.
3 years ago
So,  you can't set up a Windows laptop with a local SQL Server Management Studio?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.