Website 4.3 Error - Category: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.SessionMiddleware

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
I upgraded to 4.3 and my application is giving this error multiple times a minute
The Everleap hosting company pointed this out regarding the 4.3 app

There's an application-level warning that's recorded extremely frequently though (multiple times) per minute which I think may be negatively impacting your site:
Category: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.SessionMiddleware
EventId: 7
RequestId: 80000072-0001-e200-b63f-84710c7967bb
RequestPath: /mini-profiler-resources/results
SpanId: |f1ecf601-48449a3c971ccf70.
TraceId: f1ecf601-48449a3c971ccf70
ParentId:

Error unprotecting the session cookie.

Exception:
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The key {ff712356-7aeb-42a4-9944-16500865c02f} was not found in the key ring.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.UnprotectCore(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean allowOperationsOnRevokedKeys, UnprotectStatus& status)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.DangerousUnprotect(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean ignoreRevocationErrors, Boolean& requiresMigration, Boolean& wasRevoked)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.Unprotect(Byte[] protectedData)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.CookieProtection.Unprotect(IDataProtector protector, String protectedText, ILogger logger)
Do you have something enabled that might trigger this warning? It looks like it's happening on every HTTP request -- there are tons and tons of these on the new server and it's something that I had noticed yesterday.
3 years ago
We are getting the same error on our production environment of 4.3.  Any chance this has anything to do with old cookies from 4.2?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.