One product in hundreds category - how manage it?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi! i'm wondering how you Guys add products in your shops?

For example one product which have lots of categories (100 or more). You add this via admin panel in nopcommerce, or maybe use scripts? some rules or other way (maybe plugin?)?

I'm start thinking how make it more optimized... but we don't miss some categories. (we after add product to category, change also his position in category... so this take really much time).

Also i'm not sure "idea" with default nopcommerce system, where all products added to category have position = last value +1.

In this situation the new one are always on the last page. Maybe someone understand this logic?:)
3 years ago
It could be done if you know SQL.
I'm not aware of a plugin to do it.  Maybe nopAdmin.

re: "the new one are always on the last page"
Some prefer last added is first to display.

I can't imagine why " one product which have lots of categories (100 or more)"
(but to each his own ;)
3 years ago
Hi! we have gift shop. And product X can be gift for him / her + lots occasion + category what is it etc. maybe 100 it's too much ;) but in future it's possible. :)
3 years ago
Zyje_sobie wrote:
Hi! we have gift shop. And product X can be gift for him / her + lots occasion + category what is it etc. maybe 100 it's too much ;) but in future it's possible. :)

When importing from Excel, the category column might contain several categories. Maybe you should also consider product tags feature for the occassions
3 years ago
This plugin my also be useful
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.