Default Theme Web Accessibility

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
In my job, I frequently evaluate websites for web accessibility using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This helps ensure both good user experiences and compliance with various laws all over the world.

As a nopCommerce partner, I started evaluating the Default Theme and found a number of "low hanging fruit" to improve the accessibility of the theme. I know that people often make their own themes, but have also seen that many of these use the default theme as a base and inherit these issues.

I haven't been able to find anywhere on the forum or in the issues about this, so I wanted to post before I started creating and fixing issues.

Is there any concern about this, or anyone already working on it?

Thanks =)
3 years ago
Probably the best option is to make your own new Theme based on the Default Theme with the Enhancements then make it available as a download for those that want to use it
3 years ago
My thought was to apply some basic remediations to the Default Theme, as it violates the law in many countries, including Australia, and opens up huge liability to site owners.

Is there any reason I shouldn't create issues in GitHub and work on resolving them?
3 years ago
No reason. They have a page about making contributions
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.