Product Reviews Logic

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hello,

nopC 4.3

I notcied some behavior with regards to product variants (not shown individually) and reviews with the following setting.

Product review possible only after product purchasing

When turnd on, users who have purchased a variant , its not possible to submit a review for the variant for obvious reasons. It is not possible to review the grouped parent either since it cannot be purchased. So with this setting on, it is impossible to review any grouped product or its variants.

When turned off, you can review the grouped parent. However, if you choose to display best sellers on the home page, which would also show the variants purchased, the review is not shown on the variant. Obviously since the review was submitted to the grouped parent it will not show on the variant.

What I propose. If variants that do not have "show individually" checked and are to be shown in best sellers lists, they should inherit the reivew "stars" from the grouped parent.

As of now, no matter how the setting is defined, every variant purchased can NEVER have any review stars when shown in best seller lists.
3 years ago
Thanks a lot! I've just created two work items: #5032 and #5033
3 years ago
Andrei,

I found some new information.

According to the following thread https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/80101/bestsellers-also-purchased-etc-dont-work-with-grouped-products it appears that variants with "view individually" unchecked aren't supposed to be viewed in any list since they are supposed to be hidden. In this case the grouped product should be shown instead like "also purchased","best sellers","cross sells", etc.

If this is the case then reviews aren't necessary on the variant or need to be inherited by the grouped parent. Solution, only show grouped products in these lists if "view individually" is unchecked.
3 years ago
itinnovations wrote:
Hello,

nopC 4.3

I notcied some behavior with regards to product variants (not shown individually) and reviews with the following setting.

Product review possible only after product purchasing

Done. You can see changes here.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.