ShipStation Plugin Carrier Service & Sub Services USPS

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Using nopC 4.3 and the nopcommerce team contributed shipstation plugin. I have some questions.

1. Does the plugin write back to the store order with the shipment and tracking information?

2. In ShipStatation I have selected a single carrier service and package. USPS First Class Mail (service) and Package (package). In the store checkout when the shipstation plugin retrieves the rates for this single service, it is also retrieving the sub services such as "Letter" and "Large Envelope or Flat". The only one I would like to show is "USPS First Class Mail - Package". There is no way to configure the plugin to restrict the subservice to package only. I know Shipping Director can do this. Am I missing something maybe in the Shipstation configuration in their portal? Or is this a plugin issue overlooked?
3 years ago
Hello,
We have been using shipstation for over 12 months now and I can fully recommend it.
To answer your questions;
1. Does the plugin write back to the store order with the shipment and tracking information?
a: Yes it updates all the tracking information in nopcommerce and marks the order as shipped and also emails the customer with a tracking URL.
2. In ShipStatation I have selected a single carrier service and package. USPS First Class Mail (service) and Package (package). In the store checkout when the shipstation plugin retrieves the rates for this single service, it is also retrieving the sub services such as "Letter" and "Large Envelope or Flat". The only one I would like to show is "USPS First Class Mail - Package". There is no way to configure the plugin to restrict the subservice to package only. I know Shipping Director can do this. Am I missing something maybe in the Shipstation configuration in their portal? Or is this a plugin issue overlooked?
a: You can select which shipping services for UPS in the settings sections by selecting the parcel services for UPS in the shipping then go to carriers and fulfilment and then only select the service you want. This will be used by default when  shipping. You can also set up Automation rules which then will preselect what service you use based on predefined criteria's e.g Weight or order value.
Regards, James
3 years ago
itinnovations wrote:
Using nopC 4.3 and the nopcommerce team contributed shipstation plugin. I have some questions.

Hello,

1 : Yes, nopCommerce contributed plugin support ship notification back to store but can't support partial shipment tracking.

2 : No, nopCommerce plugin can not able to restrict shipping method based on package type.

Thanks & Regards
Jatin
3 years ago
You should be able to restrict sub services in your online ShipStation account/configuration.  For example
https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045864431-How-can-I-automatically-set-USPS-service-based-on-an-order-s-weight-.
3 years ago
New York wrote:
You should be able to restrict sub services in your online ShipStation account/configuration.  For example
https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045864431-How-can-I-automatically-set-USPS-service-based-on-an-order-s-weight-.

This is true. However,  this is only effective on import. We are discussing what is presented to the customer when rate shopping in the store through a shipstation account and before import.

Currently, the NopCommercePlus Shipstation - Rates plugin does not properly restrict the package type selected in its configuration and instead shows all packages types for a given service. Example. "First Class Mail" has three package types. "Letter", "Large Envelope or Flat" and "Package". In the plugins configuration you are able to select a specific package type. However, the customer is still presented with all three package types so the setting is ignored.

Further, depending on the weight, shipstation will drop package types. Example, over 3.5oz hides "Letter". Over 13oz hides "Large Envelope or Flat". Only between 13oz and 15.9oz is when "Package" is the only option desplayed. This is not a real world situation of course to have a package within this narrow margin. However, if you intend to ship a 5oz package, the customer should not see both "Large Envelope or Flat" and also "Package" rates.

It seems the solution here is to have fixed shipping presented to the customer and let shipstation automation take over as suggested. The NopCommerce Plus plugin does not work as expected but seems to be the fault of the learning curve on how the services, subservices and packages are managed. Still, properly restricting the package type to "Package" for anything between 1oz to 15.9oz and leaving out the rest would be an improvement to the plugin.

Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.