How to search by Category Name and Category Description

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hello,
I need customize search engine. And add searching by Categories name and Category Description.

For example: I have Name of Category "Seeds" or , Category description contain word "Seeds".
I need show list of this Categories (same as Products) which contain  this word.
Simillar as product Name or Product description.

It is possible ?

Competiton platforms have this function.

Thank you

Petr
3 years ago
You could modify the stored procedure ProductLoadAllPaged, to include searching in Category name and description, but, it would still return Products. If you want to "show list of this Categories", then it would require additional customization (e.g. create a page = MVC)
3 years ago
Thank to you New York,

Yes, I need "show list of this Categories" same as Products search.
Have you any Idea about start with this Page ?

I found \Presentation\Nop.Web\Models\Catalog\SearchModel.cs.
Do you start with a customization in this SearchModel.cs or a created copy like SearchModelCategory.cs?

Regards Petr
3 years ago
Hello,

Please, is there anyone who can kick me in the right direction?

Regards Petr
3 years ago
Hi,

If you're open for third party extension, then have a look at our full text search plugin for nopCommerce.

Regards
3 years ago
Hi,  

Thanks to you for your answer.

Your plugin will show name of Category with link ? Same as Product search ?
And installation must be on VPS right ?
Because common webhosting not have installed Apache Solr support.

Regards Petr
3 years ago
Hi Petr,

petrjiricek wrote:

Your plugin will show name of Category with link ? Same as Product search ?

No. It doesn't show name of category with link out of the box. It considers category name just like many other fields for offering full-text search and you can control the boost / weight per field for the search.

petrjiricek wrote:

And installation must be on VPS right ?
Because common webhosting not have installed Apache Solr support.

Yes. This requires an additional service, i.e. Apache Solr which works nicely on Windows and is very reliable and easy to maintain. With common shared servers can not install it, so VPS is good.

Moreover, you can host Apache Solr in any docker supported cloud hosting provider too... like Azure, AWS, Google, DigitalOcean, etc. In Azure, it can work just like App Service for Docker.

I request you to have a look at it with free trial to see how it works.

And we're always available to support if you need any help with it.

Thanks,

nopAccelerate Team
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.