Features needed in upcoming nopCommerce versions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Besides using nopCommerce since long time to deliver solutions to our customers, we regularly feel need of following features:

1. Allow multiple '/' in URL - It is a common requirement we see from many customers to have one of multiple '/' in topic page URL's similar to Umbraco.

2. Provide option to prepare URL with '/' as per navigation - It will be good to see a URL prepared like this "domain.com/category_SEname/sub-category_SEname/product_SEname" upon category and product navigation.

3. Allow per store content in topic pages - This is a very common requirement when a customer have multiple stores. Ideally for example, if a customer have a topic page for "Terms and Conditions" and the SEname for that topic page is "terms-and-conditions" then he wants all stores to have same topic page URL with different store specific content.

4. Allow per store content and settings in email templates instead of limited to store - Similar to topic page, the customers need not to have a limited to store settings for email templates. They need similar ability as required for topic pages.

5. Better inventory management - It's a common request from customers to have better inventory management in nopCommerce along with pickup points mapping with the warehouses.

6. Per store warehouse - The warehouse should be mapped with stores so the system could identify the warehouse from which the inventory has to be minus.

We would like to see at least few of above mentioned things in upcoming nopCommerce versions.

Best regards,
Atul
3 years ago
Hi Atul,

Thanks a lot for suggestions! We already have work items on GitHub for some of them (the ones that we plan to implement).

P.S. Please create separate topics for each suggestion in the future. This way it could be much more convenient to discuss them instead of having "one big bloated forum topic" where we discuss everything
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Atul,

Thanks a lot for suggestions! We already have work items on GitHub for some of them (the ones that we plan to implement).

P.S. Please create separate topics for each suggestion in the future. This way it could be much more convenient to discuss them instead of having "one big bloated forum topic" where we discuss everything

Hi Andrei,

Sure. I will take care of it next time. Would love to see which ones are going to be part of nopCommerce.
I will check Github issues for my reference.

Thanks,
Atul
3 years ago
Thanks. We plan to implement suggestions #1 and #2 (a work item).

Regarding #3 and #4. There's no good way to implement it in terms of UI/UX. It could become too "bloated and complex" if we allow to manage content (e.g. topics or message templates) per store and per language (localization) at the same page.

Leaving for customization #5 and #6
3 years ago
Hello Andrei,

Thank you for sharing this. I see that the work item you shared is on hold right now and not planned. But good to see it.

For #3, here is the idea.

1. You can provide a drop-down similar to multi-store drop-down on the topic edit page.
On selection of store in drop-down, you can change content of topic page.
2. You can provide a screen similar to we provide when we have multiple languages.

I hope this could work. Otherwise, it's good to see something implemented in a long run :)

Best regards,
Atul
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.