Upgrade to NopCommerce 4.40 from Version 4.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi

I am having issues in upgrading from Version 4.30 to 4.40 as I am getting the following error

HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start
Common solutions to this issue:
The app failed to start
The app started but then stopped
The app started but threw an exception during startup
Troubleshooting steps:
Check the system event log for error messages
Enable logging the application process' stdout messages
Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect
For more information visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2028265

I am using the x86 Version of 4.40 as my hosting provider does not support x64.

Also, I noticed that the appsettings.json is not contained in the 'App_Data' of 4.30. The appsettings.json for 4.30 was found in the NopCommerce Root Folder.  I have no issues with my 4.30 setup and it is operating as normal.

Any Advice to resolve the issues with the Upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Also on Enabling Logs by the hosting Provider the following was generated.

Unhandled exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.<>c.<InitializePlugins>b__14_3(PluginDescriptor pd) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.cs:line 562
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.InitializePlugins(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, AppSettings appSettings) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.cs:line 562
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration, IWebHostEnvironment webHostEnvironment) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 72
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Startup.cs:line 42
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.InvokeCore(Object instance, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<Invoke>g__Startup|0(IServiceCollection serviceCollection)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.Invoke(Object instance, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Build>b__0(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.UseStartup(Type startupType, HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services, Object instance)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<UseStartup>b__0(HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.CreateServiceProvider()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
   at Nop.Web.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Program.cs:line 15
   at Nop.Web.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

Again Any Advice to resolve the issues with the Upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade URL http://agayaholdings-001-site2.ctempurl.com/

Thanks and Regards

Prasad
3 years ago
Hi
I upgraded 2 websites on same server. 1st upgrade went smoothly and website is working just fine. However, I encountered following error on 2nd website.

HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start
Common solutions to this issue:
The app failed to start
The app started but then stopped
The app started but threw an exception during startup
Troubleshooting steps:
Check the system event log for error messages
Enable logging the application process' stdout messages
Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect
For more information visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2028265

Can't figure out what is causing this error on 2nd website.
3 years ago
najam1 wrote:
Hi
I upgraded 2 websites on same server. 1st upgrade went smoothly and website is working just fine. However, I encountered following error on 2nd website.

What was your process for upgrading?
3 years ago
I upgraded from 4.30 to 4.40 and followed this guide https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html in both the upgrades. 1st website has been upgraded successfully and 2nd website is giving this error. Both are on same server.
3 years ago
HI
is your 2nd Site running an x86 version of 4.30 or a 64-bit version?

I have been having issues with the Upgrade and with the same messages as I posted above.

I am now trying to do a fresh install with the x86 version of 4.40 as my hosting provider does not support the 64-bit version. However, the application pool keeps crashing after about 350MB, had to set Private memory and Virtual Memory to 4GB to get some sort of stability.

Thanks and Regards

Prasad
3 years ago
both are 64bit. I upgraded both using same files which I downloaded from nopcommer.com website.
3 years ago
I experienced the exact same error after following the same instructions at:

https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html

As instructed, I saved my original plugins.json file but got the error.  I then tried removing it and was able to successfully load the website.  I realized after the fact that I had not copied the plugins to the server that my original plugins.json file had references to, so  My guess is that it probably would have worked had I done so.
3 years ago
Also pay attention to this warning in the release notes.
3 years ago
impactdave wrote:
I experienced the exact same error after following the same instructions at:

https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/upgrading-nopcommerce.html

As instructed, I saved my original plugins.json file but got the error.  I then tried removing it and was able to successfully load the website.  I realized after the fact that I had not copied the plugins to the server that my original plugins.json file had references to, so  My guess is that it probably would have worked had I done so.

Yes, I had a theme installed on 2nd website. I didn't copy theme from old website so that might be the reason for the error on 2nd website. The first website has no plugin or theme installed so its update went smoothly. I just deleted plugins.json file and it started working. Thank you very much.
3 years ago
App_Data -> plugins.json
Misc.SendinBlue
must be renamed
Misc.Sendinblue

@RomanovM
it might be a good idea to make pluginName check case insencitive here:
ApplicationPartManagerExtensions  lines 490-497
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.