CSS Not updating

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi everyone,  just making the switch from Magento to Nop, and quite frankly I'm very pleased with the solution. Lovely clean architecture and so far a very stable fast solution, I'm looking forward to building on it. I've used magento for years and since it went from 1 to magento 2 its gone ridiculously bloated and slow... for example, the checkout page now even with the most clinical of optimisations still has over 400 requests,  mostly js.. and even if you put it on space x rocket you still couldn't speed it up....

Anyway I digress... :-)

So I've got 4.40 installed locally, all connected up, and I was starting to play about with the themes, I've created a copy of DefaultClean in Nop.Web/Themes and edited the Json file, it appears in my admin area, I can select it and it changes on the storefront with no issues, however, for love nor money the CSS changes I make in the code, wont change the front end.

I've rebuilt the solution, cleared the admin cache everything, but nothing will change. I've even deliberately made massive changes that would look ridiculous but nada... Nothing, nowt...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I have seen when I googled this topic something from 8 years ago, but it didn't help, so I'm throwing this out there again.

The CSS i'm editing is in the new theme also, and when I look in the console, it's referencing the same styles.css file that I've edited too.

Any help please?

Thanks,

David.
3 years ago
So I cleared the cache again this morning, restarted the app, and low and behold it's working perfectly, even CTRL F5 works now and changes are instant.

No idea why that didn't work yesterday? Anyway. Works a treat. Happy days.

:-)
3 years ago
I am facing the same problem: I am using Visual Studio Code and run the application with Nop 4.40. All fine. But I already restarted everything but still don't see a change.

I don't understand if the comment above relates to NopCommerce because it is actually mentioning Wordpress ? Anyone else who can help ?
3 years ago
It is updating the source files after some time, i am still unsure when.

But I would need an immediate actualization while working on a theme.

Anyone ?
3 years ago
Its odd, because now today when I've started the app up again, I'm getting the same issue, I have to clear my browser cache everytime, CTRL F5 no longer works. which is a pain.

You are right the WP ref above is WP I think,  I don't think it relates to Nop...

Anyone?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.