Repair after Virus

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
I have an older NOP site do not remember the exact version. My site quit working, My hosting company said It got infected with a virus. I paid them to remove the virus and the site still does not work.  The database is fine and intact. If possible would like it upgraded to the latest version if we can use the original database.
3 years ago
AntonK68 wrote:
I have an older NOP site do not remember the exact version
In recent versions if you look down the bottom of the Admin dashboard page it will have a version - that’s if you can run the website. Older visions have an option in Admin > System > System Information.

AntonK68 wrote:
My site quit working
What is not working - is there errors in the log ?

AntonK68 wrote:
My hosting company said It got infected with a virus. I paid them to remove the virus and the site still does not work.
Did they tell you what they actually did ?

AntonK68 wrote:
The database is fine and intact.  
Unless the data is corrupted somehow

AntonK68 wrote:
If possible would like it upgraded to the latest version if we can use the original database.
To upgrade the database you need to run the update scripts on the database - for each version - but for that you need to know the version to start from
3 years ago
I am unable to access the site I get "this site has stepped out for a bit. " so I cannot get see the version.

This site is hosted at GoDaddy. I can access the files on the server so maybe I can find the version that way.

I am not sure exactly what they did. They just said they removed the virus and to contact the developer to fix the site.  I used the package without source code to install this.

I can access the database thru SQL server web admin on GoDaddy and the data is not corrupt.

Not sure what my options are here. I do not want to go thru the headache of inputting all my data again.
3 years ago
AntonK68 wrote:
I have an older NOP site do not remember the exact version. My site quit working, My hosting company said It got infected with a virus. I paid them to remove the virus and the site still does not work.  The database is fine and intact. If possible would like it upgraded to the latest version if we can use the original database.

Hello,

Please check PM for the same.

Thanks & Regards
Jatin
3 years ago
Hey Anton,
Hope you are doing well!

If you don't mind if I review your website, after analyzing I can able to tell you that upgraded to the latest version would be best solution or not

You can contact me on : [email protected]

Thanks
Troy w
3 years ago
Hello

I would love to work on your requirement, Kindly share the upgradation Details and your Website URL  , Along with the changes you want in your website on my personal mail, So that we can discuss further in details.

Looking forward to your quick response.

Best Regards,
Sofia
Email : sofia [at] cisinlabs [dot] com
3 years ago
AntonK68 wrote:

Seems like you don't have a backup. I suggest you to take the backup of whatever is there right now before moving forward.

May be you can setup the site from the backup on your local system to see if it works or not. If not, let us know, we will be happy to guide. You can always use fresh nop code and connect the existing DB. Let us know if that resolves the issue or not. If you're not sure about version, and can't check from admin panel then find plugin.json file for any plugin installed and see the SupportedSersions there. Like this.

Also, please feel free to contact us for professional help  & support in case you need one. We will be happy to help you. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.