Version 4.401 - HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start

1 year ago
untiedshoes wrote:
Is it a fresh install, or an upgrade of 4.30?

If a fresh install, has everything uploaded? Also, have you restarted the app pool?


Fresh published 4.4.01 with Default Nop Fresh DB
The thing that amaze me , that you are the only one who helps me  :)
i can remove all installed .Net installations and start over installing on the Server as Nop indicates
what do u think ?
1 year ago
dingo wrote:
Fresh published 4.4.01 with Default Nop Fresh DB
The thing that amaze me , that you are the only one who helps me  :)
i can remove all installed .Net installations and start over installing on the Server as Nop indicates
what do u think ?


The forum can be a lonely place sometimes!!

Yeah, uninstall all .net, then install again via the hosting bundle (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.3-windows-hosting-bundle-installer).

Also, maybe Try the X86 no source version?
1 year ago
dingo wrote:
Is it a fresh install, or an upgrade of 4.30?

If a fresh install, has everything uploaded? Also, have you restarted the app pool?

Fresh published 4.4.01 with Default Nop Fresh DB
The thing that amaze me , that you are the only one who helps me  :)
i can remove all installed .Net installations and start over installing on the Server as Nop indicates
what do u think ?


I have a clue :)
Just enabled the log in the web.config and got this error from there :
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Store', database 'omctest', schema 'dbo'
any clu ?
1 year ago
dingo wrote:
I have a clue :)
Just enabled the log in the web.config and got this error from there :
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Store', database 'omctest', schema 'dbo'
any clu ?


Yes, that's permission for accessing the DB. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19334041/the-select-permission-was-denied-on-the-object-users-database-xxx-schema
1 year ago
dingo wrote:
Hi
Installed Published version 4.401
Set app_data read /write permissions
All Installed on VPS , IIS with proper MS core 3 runtime + dotnet-hosting-5.0.4
Restated server

but Still gets HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start

Help Anyone ?
Thanks
Ran


...  just open up the file Nop.Web  and replace like this <!--<AspNetCoreHostingModel>InProcess</AspNetCoreHostingModel>-->
     <AspNetCoreHostingModel>OutOfProcess</AspNetCoreHostingModel>  
Best Regards.
1 year ago
I have a clue :)
Just enabled the log in the web.config and got this error from there :
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Store', database 'omctest', schema 'dbo'
any clu ?[/quote]


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
GOT IT WORKING :)  - DB permissions blow up this annoying 500.3 message
for anyone who gets this one and freaking out - check again all db settings and permissions for that user role in db , especially the membership permission of that role you set up within the  dataSettings.json !!!

Million Thanks again for the only REAL help here - UNITEDSHOES
1 year ago
Cool, glad you got it sorted and, you're more than welcome :)

I completely missed the permissions lololol
1 year ago
Hi,

I have been following this thread and also managed to look at the logs to find the issue with the database user permissions as I had the same problem.

Thank you untiedshoes for spending your time helping people.
1 year ago
phayes wrote:
Thank you untiedshoes for spending your time helping people.


No problem, glad to help :)

I’ve asked so many questions on here over the past 11 years, with many going unanswered! It’s shame that with so many MVP’s, there’s literally only a couple of people that take the time to help the community out.

I’m now in a position where I’m able to help out, and don’t mind a taking a little bit of my day to help others.

Dreadful really when you compare something like the umbraco community!!
8 months ago
In this kind of situation. If you are using plesk in the hosting service verify if the user of the ISS Pool (IWPG for example) have permissions to modify and execute in the root folder of the app.

In the publish options try "SELF CONTAINED" mode, the only difference between this and "framework dependent" is a few files in .dll format at the moment of the publish, the performance is the same and is a really great solution that allow to have the last version of nopcommerce in every type of environment.

Good luck in the solution.