CSS Updates - Weird & Very Frustrating!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Okay, this is getting weird. I've made some changes to my nop-Templates theme style (styles.css in the themes >> content >> css folder), as I've done so many  times before. But now, the changes aren't happening. And when I look at the attributes, using Chrome Developer Tools, the changes I've made have a line through them. I'm aware that when CSS attributes have a line through them, it indicates they're being overridden. And usually, when an attribute in an external CSS file is being overridden, it's because their is a  "style" property on the element itself. And sure enough, when looking at the element in Developer Tools, there is a "style" tag with attributes that are overriding the external CSS file. Now, here's the weird part.

Using Visual Studio 2019, I have done a text search, through every file included in the project, for one of the style attribute values (550px to be exact), and the text appears no where to be found.

I use SmartFTP to upload my files, and I've checked to make sure the version on the server matches the one I've just modified, by opening the file and viewing it. They're a match. I've also cleared the cache in the browser, and gone in to the nopCommerce Admin section, cleared the cache and restarted the application. No effect! And no matter what browser I use, the results are the same.

So tell me. What am I missing? How can the page source clearly show the <div> element has a style tag embedded in it, but the text is no where to be found, when searching through the entire website? I am truly at a loss.

Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciating. This is so frustrating!

Thank you in advance for your time in this matter.

Sincerely,

Wayne Crawford
http://bfsradiocontrol.com
3 years ago
"...for one of the style attribute values (550px to be exact)"

Do you have a link we can look at for this specific image?

Is 550px one of your media settings?
yourwebsite.com/Admin/Setting/Media

Does it work if you put your custom CSS in your theme's settings for Custom Head Styles?
3 years ago
The trouble with coding is, if you don't use what you've learned for a long time, you can forget it. Case in point.

Here I was looking for an answer to something I learned  when CSS 2.5 came onto the scene.

It's a well-known fact that inline styles override external styles. But what I had forgotten was that the "!important" attribute, when added to a style attribute, in an external CSS file, forces the code to completely ignore any inline styles for the same attribute.

I really must be getting old.

Thanks to anyone who replied to this original post. Sorry if I wasted your time.
3 years ago
ok, well let me know when you get up and running, I have an old 1/4 scale Cap 232 that will probably need a new radio at some point
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.