Admin Section Suggestions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Having had some time to work with nopCommerce, adding Categories and Products, would like to suggest the following additions/changes to the Admin section:

1.   On all pages that contain lists, add a "Page Selector" to the top of the pages (similar to the one located on the bottom of these pages).

2.   Have the pages containing lists automatically return to the top of the list, when using the "Page Selector" to navigate the list.

3.   When saving a changed Category, or when clicking on the "Return To Categories Page" (if no changes have been made), return to, and highlight, the Category that was just closed.

3.   When importing new database records, created with an external program (i.e., importing Categories from Excel), instead of the database automatically assigning an ID, allow the user to either select automatic IDs, or use the ones created in the Excel spreadsheet. This would allow the user to pre-define the "ParentID", when creating the table.

4.   When importing Categories from an external source, (i.e., importing from Excel), determine existing records by comparing both the "ID" and "SEO Name", and also add a popup window, similar to the Windows Copy "Replace/Merge/Ignore" popup. This would eliminate nopCommerce from automatically appending a number to an existing SEO Name, creating a duplicate record.

I believe the incorporation of these additions/changes to nopCommerce would greatly reduce the effort, and time, needed by store owners to accurately maintain their website.
3 years ago
Very useful suggestions. This will enhance user experience as well as save time of the admin users! +1
3 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions. Here are work items.
As for the import feature, we leave it as it is, but you can always customize it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.