Update 4.4.2 is slow and causing site to go up and down, changed to 4.40.3 and seem much better

6 months ago
untiedshoes wrote:
Isnt nop using memory as cache on default anymore?

Yes, but just wanted to check that 'you weren't' using distributed ;)

A lot can come down to server specs mind you, but I would have thought 100 clients over 1 minute wouldn't cause an issue?!

In my tests, I was doing 150 / 200 clients per second using 4.40.1, but the server is a bit of a monster.


Do you think redis could improve the site at v 4.40.x? I could try.
6 months ago
I would agree, with each version (and minor) should be load tested properly prior to release.

I haven't tested since 4.40.1, so for all know, performance may have plummeted with 4.40.3?

The project I'm currently porting from 4.30 is using the 4.40.2/4.40.3 commits, so hoping the performance hasn't been impacted!
6 months ago
hkbits wrote:
Do you think redis could improve the site at v 4.40.x? I could try.


You could try it, but I've never had much luck with it - and, it's really designed for multiple instances.
6 months ago
Do you know whats the difference between these 2 btw?

"DistributedCacheConfig": {
    "DistributedCacheType": "redis",
    "Enabled": false,
    "ConnectionString": "127.0.0.1:6379,ssl=False",
    "SchemaName": "dbo",
    "TableName": "DistributedCache"
  },

  "RedisConfig": {
    "Enabled": true,
    "ConnectionString": "127.0.0.1:6379,ssl=False",
    "DatabaseId": 1,
    "UseCaching": true,
    "StoreDataProtectionKeys": true,
    "StorePluginsInfo": false,
    "IgnoreTimeoutException": false
  }

Do i have to use redis connectionstring in both?
6 months ago
Also, don't forget that if you're going to do any testing, make sure you have base numbers using that default install/theme so that you can rule out any custom code.
6 months ago
hkbits wrote:
Do you know whats the difference between these 2 btw?

"DistributedCacheConfig": {
    "DistributedCacheType": "redis",
    "Enabled": false,
    "ConnectionString": "127.0.0.1:6379,ssl=False",
    "SchemaName": "dbo",
    "TableName": "DistributedCache"
  },

  "RedisConfig": {
    "Enabled": true,
    "ConnectionString": "127.0.0.1:6379,ssl=False",
    "DatabaseId": 1,
    "UseCaching": true,
    "StoreDataProtectionKeys": true,
    "StorePluginsInfo": false,
    "IgnoreTimeoutException": false
  }

Do i have to use redis connectionstring in both?


Yes, the top one is to use SQL server for distributed cache - look in admin > configuration > app settings
6 months ago
I have no custom code on the frontpage on this site :)
6 months ago
e.g. when using SQL server

6 months ago
untiedshoes wrote:
e.g. when using SQL server



Is that recommended? Do i have to create the table manually?
6 months ago
hkbits wrote:
Is that recommended? Do i have to create the table manually?


My results were not that great, but you could try it (and redis if you wanted).

Yes, you have to create the table.

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DistributedCache]
(
  [Id] NVARCHAR(449) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
  [Value] VARBINARY(MAX) NOT NULL,
  [ExpiresAtTime] DATETIMEOFFSET(7) NOT NULL,
  [SlidingExpirationInSeconds] BIGINT NULL,
  [AbsoluteExpiration] DATETIMEOFFSET(7) NULL
)