migrating products from one database to another in nopCommerce4.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
I am wondering if there was a way to migrate a list of products that I exported from one 4.3 database to another 4.3 database with all their respective catalogue components, such as attributes, manufacturer, categories etc.

I did go to the Catalogue settings and set all the export/import check boxes.  then, I exported the list as Excel.  Importing to the new database generated errors for attributes and categories, etc.

Is it possible to export and import all the components, or do I have to recreate them from scratch?
3 years ago
Have a look at nopAdmin https://www.nopadmin.com
3 years ago
I was going to try it, but it only goes up to version 4.2.  I am currently running nop4.3.  Nevertheless, it looks promising for the lower versions that it does carry.

Any other ideas how I would be able to export and import products with attributes.  the issue is with the table dependencies that are set on these tables, which prevents imports if the related tables does not already exist.  I could disable the constraint with Transact-SQL, but I would like to know all the related tables first so I can import into them individually.  How do i get a list of all the Products related Tables?

SQL Reference:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/tables/disable-foreign-key-constraints-with-insert-and-update-statements?view=sql-server-ver15
3 years ago
It is possible to Import Categories

(and in the Import/Export settings, you probably should "Tick the Export/import categories using name of category checkbox if categories should be exported/imported using name of category."
3 years ago
I did check all of these before exporting to Excel:

Export/Import products with attributes  
Export/Import products with specification attributes  
Export/Import products with category breadcrumb  
Export/Import categories using name of category  
Export/Import products. Allow download images  
Export/Import products. Allow splitting file  
Export/Import related entities using name  
Export/Import products with "limited to stores"  

Then, I tried to import from the Excel Sheet and was getting errors due to missing Categories, Manufacturer, and Attributes.  That is when I reviewed the Database tables and realized that these tables are all connected and have restrictions with Keys.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.