(HELP!) Weird Problem with Australia Post and Shopping Cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi All

I've got my first site up and running as a first time user of nopCommerce but I have a strange problem with the Australia Post Shopping module.

I am using Meters for my primary units and my products measure 0.23kgs, .1m x .1m x .1m (e.g. 10cm each way).

As soon as I add 3 (sometimes 4!) products, the error comes up "Shipping Options could not be loaded".

I've been through my products and checked the dimensions but I've no idea why there is a problem. As far as I can tell, Australia Post can still ship bigger packages than those generated by multiple orders.

I'm pretty stuck and any help would be REALLY appreciated... here's hoping!
13 years ago
Bump - rather stuck and don't know what else to try next...

Anybody?
13 years ago
I did play with it ages ago - and can remember it working but I don't use it.
Soemthing to do with the units maybe - should they be in grams or kg's ?
A
13 years ago
Hi Yidna

Thanks. I came across that one and fixed it but it only seems to happen after a certain number of items are added. I can send 2-3 no problem and all the right stuff appears.

As far as I can tell, I can still ship 4 items without going over the Oz post limit in size.
13 years ago
***VERY DESPERATE****

I've changed to different measurements and weights and still nothing.

Now, the ShippingModule seems to be completely broken.

Whereas before, I could get 3 products to ship, now no options will ship

I haven't touched the original code and I'm using Meters and Kg's

Anybody out there?
13 years ago
I think you're running into a girth problem with Australia Post.

See this link: http://auspost.com.au/personal/parcel-dimensions.html

For 3 parcels you'll be ok (as you've said), but once you get to 4 you'll exceed their maximum girth allowance of 140cm.

i.e. 3 parcels = 3 x (10 + 10 + 10 + 10) = 120

But 4 parcels = 4 x (10 + 10 + 10 + 10) = 160, thus exceeding 140cm.
13 years ago
Ahh! That's how it calculates it?

In the "real world" my packages are nowhere near 140cm girth.

So, what do people do when they can't ship more than 3 products? Do you know of a way to say "if the girth is > 120, ship via X"?

Thanks for your help!
13 years ago
Hmmm

I misread your post I think.

My tins are pretty small and there's no way to make them greater in girth than the 105cm from the previous link - whatever way I pack them.

The trouble with the calculation of 3 x (10+10+10+10) is that its counting up to 2 of the dimensions twice e.g. If you put a tin (call it a box shape for easier computation) next to another tin, you wouldn't need to count the depth twice (for example) because it shares a 'side' with the other tin. Does this make sense?

Does that mean that nopCommerce is incorrectly calculating the correct volume? If so, how do I fix this?

Is there a way to see what is being sent from my cart to Auspost and what is sent back? Right now, having changed the dimensions to and from meters to cm's seems to have killed the cart altogether. Now nothing can ship despite being back at the original settings.

This seems like a nopCommerce bug to me...
13 years ago
I've not used the Aust. Post shipping module myself, but I suspect you may be right. On the Aust. Post website there's no way to specify that you're shipping more than one package. If their web service works the same way, then nopCommerce would only be able to send the dimensions for one package, in which case maybe it is being calculated incorrectly.

If I get the time I'll see if I can step through the code to find out for sure. Can't promise anything as I'm pretty busy converting our site over to nopCommerce at the moment, but will try.

Chris
13 years ago
Thanks Chris

I 'fixed' the cart to get 3 items shipping again... turns out that if you have the display order wrong for the dimensions, it throws an error! Nothing to do with primary weights or measures.

Anyway, now I'm back to what seems to be the girth problem, although I'm still not convinced.

I've opened another thread to see if anyone knows how to view the shipping variables sent and received to/from Auspost.

Thanks for your moral support!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.