The name 'OfficialSite' does not exist in the current context, when adding Footer component to a theme

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
I'm upgrading from 4.20 to 4.40.3 and working my way through the process (normal theme pains and such). The final piece is that the copyright banner doesn't resolve when I put it in a theme, which worked without issue in 4.20. From the error log:

...\www\Themes\MyThemeA\Views\Shared\Components\Footer\Default.cshtml(132,31): error CS0103: The name 'OfficialSite' does not exist in the current context

The code is (when placed in a theme):
Powered by <a href="@(OfficialSite.Main)">nopCommerce</a>

I haven't made any major changes to that file, only some minimal html/styling changes. Am I missing a using statement? Maybe hard code the url? I can live without it in the meantime, but does anyone know the trick to getting that to work? Thanks.
2 years ago
Do you have this at the top of your view?

@model FooterModel

@using Nop.Core
@using Nop.Core.Domain.Tax

@inject IWorkContext workContext
2 years ago
Yes, exactly like that.

I even removed all my code, with exception to the minor modifications you have to make to the widget zone line. Therefore, it's basically the default file that exists at: www/Views/Shared/Components/Footer/Default.cshtml path

With exception to this line (which shows up a couple lines after the copyright banner):
@await Component.InvokeAsync("Widget", new { widgetZone = "footer" })
2 years ago
Does it work fine if you're just using the default footer, rather than the one in your theme?
2 years ago
Also, what does your _viewimports.cshtml in your theme look like - like this?

@inherits Nop.Web.Framework.Mvc.Razor.NopRazorPage<TModel>
@addTagHelper *, Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.TagHelpers
@*we remove the default InputTagHelper to prevent the checkbox duplicating: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42544961/asp-net-core-custom-input-tag-helper-rendering-duplicate-checkboxes*@
@removeTagHelper Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.TagHelpers.InputTagHelper, Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.TagHelpers
@addTagHelper *, Nop.Web.Framework
@addTagHelper *, MiniProfiler.AspNetCore.Mvc

@using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures
@using Microsoft.Extensions.Primitives
@using Nop.Web.Extensions
@using Nop.Web.Framework
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Extensions
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Models
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Security.Captcha
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Security.Honeypot
@using Nop.Web.Framework.Themes
@using Nop.Web.Framework.UI
@using Nop.Web.Models.Blogs
@using Nop.Web.Models.Boards
@using Nop.Web.Models.Catalog
@using Nop.Web.Models.Checkout
@using Nop.Web.Models.Cms
@using Nop.Web.Models.Common
@using Nop.Web.Models.Customer
@using Nop.Web.Models.Media
@using Nop.Web.Models.News
@using Nop.Web.Models.Newsletter
@using Nop.Web.Models.Order
@using Nop.Web.Models.Polls
@using Nop.Web.Models.PrivateMessages
@using Nop.Web.Models.Profile
@using Nop.Web.Models.ShoppingCart
@using Nop.Web.Models.Topics
@using Nop.Web.Models.Vendors
2 years ago
I thought you were onto something with the _ViewImports.cshtml file as I can't remember ever even giving that a look. Mine was last modified on 2017, definitely not recent.

I just swapped that file out for the one in the DefaultClean theme (which matches the one you posted) and still the same error (I also restarted/recycled the site after swapping the file).

To answer your first question, it works fine when it's in the regular Views structure. It's only when I add it to my theme that it starts giving that 'OfficialSite' context error.

Many thanks for your help!
2 years ago
Rather than faffing on, just change @(OfficialSite.Main) to https://www.nopcommerce.com/
2 years ago
This also works.

href="@(Nop.Services.Common.NopLinksDefaults.OfficialSite.Main)"

And, adding this to your viewimports works too:

@using Nop.Services.Common
@using static Nop.Services.Common.NopLinksDefaults

This means you can just use: @(OfficialSite.Main) in your view
2 years ago
Excellent, I was leaning towards your first solution, but more prefer your second. Anyway, both simple, compact fixes for when I'm trying to remember again a year or more from now on the next upgrade. Thanks again for your speedy help!
2 years ago
No problem :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.