Wholesale Pricing and Role

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Nop currently has customer roles as follows:

- Administrators
- Forum Moderators
- Guests
- Registered Users
- Vendors

I would like to suggest a system role built-in for Wholesaler. Now, what this would do?
- Wholesaler <---- New System Role

When you add a product you have 3 prices you can include currently:
- Price ( you would set this to your retail price for regular customers B to C )
- Old price
- Product Cost ( the cost the product cost you - no change, does not show to others only admin )

Now ADD the following
- Wholesale Price ( the cost you sell it to your wholesalers ( B to B )

Tie the wholesale price to the System Role - Wholesaler

So when you have one of your wholesalers create an account, you can change their role to Wholesaler. When they log in they will get the price you add to the wholesale price under your products. Now you can service, B to C and B to B

If this gets added at any point, please have it so you can use excel to bulk upload - make sure Wholesale Price gets added to mapping for the product.

Hope this makes sense, I really think this would be a great addition to NopCommerence.

Take Care, All the Best.
2 years ago
Have you looked at Tier pricing?
I think if the customer role tier price has the quantity at 1, then only that price will show.
2 years ago
New York wrote:
Have you looked at Tier pricing?
I think if the customer role tier price has the quantity at 1, then only that price will show.

Yes sir, I have done this and yes it works but I just batch uploaded over 900 products and images....

Will take forever doing this for each product.
See: https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/91309/tier-pricing
2 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion. But we don't plan to implement this, we leave it for customization.
2 years ago
Well shucks...... Thank you for your consideration.

Take Care
2 years ago
Wholesale pricing is a tricky implementation. Simply adding a wholesale price for a product may not be the best fit for everyone and would require changes to the core and UI.

What I did was duplicate the product for B2C and B2B, the wholesale B2B products are assigned a wholesale role so its only accessible for wholesalers. Managing stock levels required minor customisation and so did automating the product duplication. This solution was the best for me, as B2C and B2B customers had their own discount rules and different products descriptions between the 2 client types.
2 years ago
Guess I could just do a second store for wholesalers. In my mind this would be easier to manage than duplicate products. Can just turn off cart and pricing for guest and registered users. Think I will try this way or purchase addon that will let me batch upload tier pricing, decisions, decisions
2 years ago
chmckenzie wrote:
Guess I could just do a second store for wholesalers. In my mind this would be easier to manage than duplicate products. Can just turn off cart and pricing for guest and registered users. Think I will try this way or purchase addon that will let me batch upload tier pricing, decisions, decisions

Yeah many ways of doing it, just find out what works for you. I guess it really depends what your core business is. If it is more of a supplier/wholesaler, then it maybe best to split 2 stores for both B2C and B2B customers, that way your stores can be specifically branded to your customers.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.