Error installing custom Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi

I am getting an error when installing my custom build plugin.
The plugin is working fine when running on my own development machine.
I have tried to give Full control to all accounts I can think of, including IIS_IUSRS

This is the error from the eventlog:

Application: w3wp.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.0.421.11614
.NET Version: 5.0.4
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Exception: Plugin 'GLS'. Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nop\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Shipping.GLS.dll' is denied.
Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nop\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Shipping.GLS.dll' is denied.

A bonus question: Why are the installation putting my dll in the bin folder?

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Axel
2 years ago
The rest of the error message indicates that Nop will try to delete the file first, and thats what causes the error to occur:

---> System.Exception: Plugin 'GLS'. Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nop\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Shipping.GLS.dll' is denied.
---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Nop\Plugins\bin\Nop.Plugin.Shipping.GLS.dll' is denied.
   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopFileProvider.DeleteFile(String filePath)
2 years ago
Which version are you using?

Depending on which version you’re using, you’ll be able make the following changes via either the admin, or app_settings file.

Disable ‘ Copy locked plugins to subdirectories on startup’ and also ‘ Use plugins shadow copy’.
2 years ago
Hello, and thank you for your answer.
It did take care of that error, but it just found a new error to throw:

Exception Info: System.Exception: Plugin 'GLS'. Assembly with same name is already loaded
Assembly with same name is already loaded

You know how to get rid of that?
I am using Nop 4.40
2 years ago
In File Explorer, Search from the root folder of you site for name:GLS
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.