Error Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.4

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
I get an error when upgrading from 4.0 to 4.4.

I have completed the following steps
1. Make a backup of everything on your site, including the database. This is extremely important so that you can roll back to a running site no matter what happens during migration.
2. Remove all files from the previous version except JSON files in the 'App_Data' directory (dataSettings.json, plugins.json, appsettings.json), move them to the safe place.
3. Upload new site files
4. Copy back JSON files in the 'App_Data' directory.

When I run the solution for the first time in Visual Studio  2019, I get the following error:

System.Exception: 'An error occured executing the following sql:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[AddressAttribute] ([Id] INT NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1), [Name] NVARCHAR(400) NOT NULL, [IsRequired] BIT NOT NULL, [AttributeControlTypeId] INT NOT NULL, [DisplayOrder] INT NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_AddressAttribute] PRIMARY KEY ([Id]))
The error was There is already an object named 'AddressAttribute' in the database.
2 years ago
You need to run the upgrade scripts on the Database - have you done that i.e.
4.0 -> 4.1
4.1 -> 4.2
4.2 -> 4.3
Then run the v4.4 website on the v4.3 database and it will automatcially upgrade

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/releases
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.