How to connect nopCommerce website with other website

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi,  I am in little tricky situation. I want to connect nopCommerce based website with other website.

My situation is, let assume I've xyz solution from where user can suggest of some product to the end user. When he added suggesting product that time a trigger will happen to the nopCommerce based site, where those product search and insert into order section of nopComerce based site. So, I can't understand how will do that? How to create this trigger?  I would really appreciate if anyone or nopCommerce team can guide me in a right direction.
2 years ago
Hi,

In this case, other site will be fire some webhook with that product information and you will get that product at your nopcommerce action(method).

once you get all the required info you can perform your logic at same method.

Thanks,
smiten
2 years ago
Hello Dipika,

I have gone through your requirement.

Yes, we can definitely assist you.

Check PM for the same.

Thanks
Jatin
2 years ago
Hi smiten,

Thanks for your response. Here my first concern is connect nopcommerce end point from a function that I've written in my other application. So, how to connect to nopcommerce end point can you please suggest? if you have any demo I'd like to see.

Thanks
Dipika
2 years ago
You can create a plugin that implements an Action Filter.  Although not a plugin, you can see this code as a reference / starting point:

\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Mvc\Filters\CheckDiscountCouponAttribute.cs

What this does is "intercept" an URL having a query string parameter like  www.yourstore.com?discountcoupon=456

In your copy of the code, I don't think you need to enclose the ActionFilter class inside another TypeFilterAttribute like in the example code.  (And, I'm not sure why the team creates an attribute like that and marks the BaseController class with it.  Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why that is done, since Action Filters work fine without it.)

RE:  " connect to nopcommerce end point"
Note that what I suggest above works when you "redirect" the browser of the user to your site.  If you don't, then adding an item to the cart in the plugin is a moot point  because the user's browser must be in the same session to see the item in their cart.

(P.S.  You posted in Forum "Commercial Help Wanted".  Was it your intent to solicit paid help?  If not, then please be mindful of which forum you post to :)
2 years ago
dipika96 wrote:
Hi smiten,

Thanks for your response. Here my first concern is connect nopcommerce end point from a function that I've written in my other application. So, how to connect to nopcommerce end point can you please suggest? if you have any demo I'd like to see.

Thanks
Dipika

Hi, Dipika

Implement API in your system so API you can call from other websites.

Thanks
2 years ago
@smi10
I don't think an API can work well.  What customer/cart will you add the item to?
The poster needs to clarify their requirements.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.