Error "ClearPluginAssemblies.proj was not found" while rebuilding project.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi,

Currently we are using npCommerce version 4.40.3.

We have been improving our store without any issues using Visual Studio 2019.

We have developed, compiled and published our changes almost on a daily basis.

The problem is: We had to install an older .Net framework (I guess .Net 2.2) and out of nowhere, we just can't compile nopCommerce solution anymore.

When we try to compile, we get the following error (for all 25 projects inside the solution):

"The project file c:\nopCommerce\Presentation\Nop.Web\..\..\Build\ClearPluginAssemblies.proj was not found.

When I double click that error we go to the following line:
<MSBuild Projects="@ClearPluginAssemblies)" Properties="PluginPath=$(PluginsFolder)" Targets="NopClear" />

I'm pretty sure that this was something caused by that old framework. I have already uninstalled it but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
2 years ago
Did you change the project file ?

It needs to be able to find the file ClearPluginAssemblies.proj

Normally the Project file has
<MSBuild Projects="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\..\..\..\Build\ClearPluginAssemblies.proj" Properties="PluginPath=$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\$(OutDir)" Targets="NopClear" />

I guess this variable MSBuildProjectDirectory or ClearPluginAssemblies in your case has changed or is not set

Probably check your VS settings
2 years ago
Hi Yidna!

Thank you for you reply.

Just to let you know that I have found were the problem was. It was a stupid mistake that I've made.

I added the solution to our SVN server (for versioning purposes) and since the "Build" folder on the root folder does not belong to the solution, it was not added.

When I tried to get the latest version, this folder was just not there making it impossible to compile.

Thank you for your time though. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.