Error "Method '<Clone>$' in type " on Start when loading some Plugins

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi All,

I am trying to set up the latest version of nopCommerce 4.40.4 on a local IISExpress and am getting errors related to certain plugins. The first plugin which fails is "Misc.Sendinblue" but a number of other default plugins also fail in the same manner.

The error is as below :
"Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Method '<Clone>$' in type 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateListModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Return type in method 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.
Method '<Clone>$' in type "

I can workaround the issue by commenting these plugins out of plugins.json but really wish to get to the bottom of the issue as I may require some of these plugins.

I looked for similar issues so have tried setting full permissions on the Nop.Web folder for my user account which has not helped.

Thanks,
Lastbuilders
2 years ago
lastbuilders wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to set up the latest version of nopCommerce 4.40.4 on a local IISExpress and am getting errors related to certain plugins. The first plugin which fails is "Misc.Sendinblue" but a number of other default plugins also fail in the same manner.

The error is as below :
Method '<Clone>$' in type 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateListModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Return type in method 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue.Models.SendinblueMessageTemplateModel' from assembly 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.Sendinblue, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.

I can workaround the issue by commenting these plugins out of plugins.json but really wish to get to the bottom of the issue as I may require some of these plugins.

I looked for similar issues so have tried setting full permissions on the Nop.Web folder for my user account which has not helped.

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

do you give IIS_IUSRS permission https://help.campusmanagement.com/IM/Content/FB/PostInstall_IUSRSpermission.htm
2 years ago
rk.menon wrote:
Hi All,

The error is as below :

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

do you give IIS_IUSRS permission https://help.campusmanagement.com/IM/Content/FB/PostInstall_IUSRSpermission.htm

Yes,  I have tried this and no difference.

Thanks,
Lastbuilders
2 years ago
I too just started getting this message after upgrading from Visual Studio 2019 to 2022
2 years ago
I can confirm the same issue after compiling under Visual Studio 2022. The 3rd party plugins fail that were not also compiled under VS 2022. When I contacted NopTemplates concerning this issue they recommended compiling under VS 2019 to fix the issue. Not exactly the best resolution but I don't normally expect great answers from NopTemplates.
2 years ago
I just posted it as a bug on GitHub

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5981
2 years ago
I have the same error with visual studio 2022
2 years ago
lastbuilders wrote:
Hi All,

The error is as below :

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

do you have compiled at vs 2022. many of us face issue on that version. please try with vs 2019
2 years ago
rk.menon wrote:
Hi All,

The error is as below :

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

Thanks,
Lastbuilders

do you have compiled at vs 2022. many of us face issue on that version. please try with vs 2019

I tried VS2019 and 2022 and see the same issues.
2 years ago
Yeah if you have VS22 installed at all this happens have to remove 22 for 19 to work
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.