nopCommerce 4.50.0 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
jhausotter wrote:
Does this mean mac isnt supported yet since its a link to Windows Hosting Bundle Installer?

.NET 6.0 for Mac (both Arm64 & x64)
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/6.0

Just to add, I'm still using an intel mac, with Parallels, until there is definitive proof that I can run VS2022  & MSSQL / SSMS on an M1 Mac lol
I know right. Im on a awesome new 14" pro M1 and cant run shit :D

By the way, there are reports of people using the insider preview of both windows 10 (arm) and windows 11 arm, and using VS2019 / 2022 / MS SQL via Parallels, but I'm not willing to invest £4k to find out if they can.

Sorry, completely off topic!!

Just got a MBP M1...just installed windows 11 via Parallels. Haven't set anything else up yet though.

Hi. I have tried this, but visual studio feels very slow. And building etc is very slow too. Agree?
2 years ago
In the previous version, when I added a new product and entered the price of this product, I found that it was not supported to enter or copy the amount with ",". For example, a number like 100,000. Hope it can be improved, thank you!
2 years ago
is this new version going to support Mac m1 pro ?
I am trying so hard to make version 4.4 run on my new MAC.

it shows local installing and database is loading tables but it just hang there and never response,
when i run it again it will totally break everything, i remove the project and get a new one run it again try all possible solutions I found online it just seems won't work for Mac M1 ?

really appreciate if you guys can have more test on version 4.5 (this new version) by Mac M1 and make sure it works at the start point. otherwise please remove the tag you guys put on Github readme file running on Mac, it is not working on the mac I have already spend 2 days by testing it.

instead improve the features i would like to say at least make it setup easily i really like the project it sounds exactly what i need, but the instruction just doesn't work, if you don't believe me please find a Mac m1 and test it and share with us how it works thanks a lot.
2 years ago
bangothen wrote:
is this new version going to support Mac m1 pro ?
I am trying so hard to make version 4.4 run on my new MAC.

it shows local installing and database is loading tables but it just hang there and never response,
when i run it again it will totally break everything, i remove the project and get a new one run it again try all possible solutions I found online it just seems won't work for Mac M1 ?

really appreciate if you guys can have more test on version 4.5 (this new version) by Mac M1 and make sure it works at the start point. otherwise please remove the tag you guys put on Github readme file running on Mac, it is not working on the mac I have already spend 2 days by testing it.

instead improve the features i would like to say at least make it setup easily i really like the project it sounds exactly what i need, but the instruction just doesn't work, if you don't believe me please find a Mac m1 and test it and share with us how it works thanks a lot.

M1 does not run anything lower than dotnet core 6(not supported by microsoft since m1 is a "new"   cpu), as far as i know. Ive tried 4.5. See this post:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/92673/nopcommerce-4500-beta-released-please-share-your-impressions/page/3#290783
2 years ago
I checked your post and follow it along to the end.
Sorry I still didn't get it.
for what am I understanding is that,
1) you are running it by parallel virtual machine and it working just tones of catch to make it slow is that correct?
2) is that what you are trying to say or the features related to "1 personalize your store section" is built by lower version then .net 6 that's the reason why it wasn't working ?
3) I think 4.5 fully built by .net 6 right ? I am not running one virtual machine I was just trying to run it purely on Mac m1 local, are they going to support Mac m1 in this native way ? or not ?
2 years ago
bangothen wrote:
I checked your post and follow it along to the end.
Sorry I still didn't get it.
for what am I understanding is that,
1) you are running it by parallel virtual machine and it working just tones of catch to make it slow is that correct?
2) is that what you are trying to say or the features related to "1 personalize your store section" is built by lower version then .net 6 that's the reason why it wasn't working ?
3) I think 4.5 fully built by .net 6 right ? I am not running one virtual machine I was just trying to run it purely on Mac m1 local, are they going to support Mac m1 in this native way ? or not ?

4.5 is on dotnet core 6, which is the only core version supported on a M1. I am using a 14" M1 and im running 4.5 without any issues, and no special configuration.
2 years ago
thanks for confirm the version 4.50.0 is working.

let me step by step clarify what I did. See if there is any difference to compare with what you did.

1. download from https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/releases (select 3rd one which is  nopCommerce_4.50.0_beta_Source.zip )
2. unzip it and go to src directory open NopCommerce.sln by Visual Studio 2022
3. change safari to chrome and click play button
4. while it is loading, I run microsoft sql image to make the server available.
5. open azure data studio and "Create Database nopTest;" new database now is ready.
6. back to installing page on Chrome localhost: 15145/install
7. admin user email:..... password... Confirmed password...
     *create sample data (checked)
     *database: Microsoft SQL Server
     *Create databse if it doesn't exist (checked)
     *Server name: localhost
     *Database name: nopTest
     *user inegrated Windows authentication (unchecked)
     *SQL Username: sa
     *password: ........
8. install processed after page hangs then re run the application again it will go to store page without any problem
9. then login go to administration
10. under Welcome to your store!  there are 9 sections.  from 2 to 9 they are working fine.
11. now click 1. Personalize your store with the yellow edit icone.
12. the page is keep loading and Visual studio is stop running and last Application output is "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures.ViewResultExcuto[1]
            Executing ViewResult, running view GeneralCommon."
Loaded 'onxz1osy.n22' can't find or open the PDB file.
loaded 'elinq44f.edg', can't find or open the PDB file.
loaded 'fzlq3sbx.grk', can't find or open the PDB file.
13. when I inspect the network, the last call is GeneralCommon?showtour=True Status (pending)
14. on console it said DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://localhost: 48650/css/adminlte.min.css.map: Http error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
that's the whole story, if you would like to share what is the different compare my step with your steps that would be really helpful, really appreciate your time and kindly help.
2 years ago
Ah. Im using azure db
2 years ago
nop, just tried the Azure DB still the same issue.
is that the only different compare with yours ?
i remove the whole project download and run again by Azure DB .
there is nothing change, do you think its the Chrome version ? or the Chrome settings somehow ?
because it seems while loading the source file  "css/adminlte.min.cs" fail.
im using M1 Pro 16 ram is that what you have 14 max ?  i don't think that will make any different.

i really would like to share you a screen shortcut...
now i am start thinking return the Macbook 16 to get exact same as yours lol
2 years ago
Ill try again tomorrow. Maybe i didnt navigate to that area
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.