Manage Customers permission does not work properly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
1. nopCommerce version
V4.40

2. Expected behavior
I created a new customer role and assign only the "Admin area. Manage Customers" permission in the Access control list to the role. I was expecting this new role can manage customers(add, edit, etc.) and do not have permission to do other things.

3. Actual behavior
While the new role can see all customers and enter the customer editing page, it cannot save any changes. When I clicked the Save button I got an error message saying "Not enough rights to manage customer roles."

4. Steps to reproduce the problem
Mentioned above.

5. Any private modifications you made to your nopCommerce
I just install a Nop-template theme. I do not change any code.
2 years ago
Thanks a lot for reporting. We'll fix it soon - https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/6020
2 years ago
anthonyhuang wrote:
1. nopCommerce version
V4.40

2. Expected behavior
I created a new customer role and assign only the "Admin area. Manage Customers" permission in the Access control list to the role. I was expecting this new role can manage customers(add, edit, etc.) and do not have permission to do other things.

3. Actual behavior
While the new role can see all customers and enter the customer editing page, it cannot save any changes. When I clicked the Save button I got an error message saying "Not enough rights to manage customer roles."

4. Steps to reproduce the problem
Mentioned above.

5. Any private modifications you made to your nopCommerce
I just install a Nop-template theme. I do not change any code.

you can ask for 10$ i think . but may be if you reported a bug with nop v4.50
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/92676/find-bugs-in-nopcommerce-4500-beta-and-earn-10
2 years ago
Thank you for your reminder.  I will keep that in mind next time. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.