nopCommerce 4.50 is released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
a.m. wrote:
NEW MINOR VERSION:

Dear community! We've released a new version - 4.50.2. This is a minor release that is fully compatible with the previous version (4.50.0 and 4.50.1). So all third-party plugins for 4.50 work for all minor versions (4.50.0-4.50.2).

Hi Andrei,

Congratulations on the new minor version to the nopCommerce team!

I think the minor version releases are something really positive for the nopCommerce community.

Please note that minor versions can't be fully compatible with the previous versions if you do breaking changes i.e changing the signatures of methods.
So please try not to make braking changes when releasing minor versions,  for example this time I noticed that contructors of these public controlers have been changed - CheckoutController and  CustomerController, which would break any plugin that inherits from these controller.
Luckily we don't have such a plugin but if we did it would be compatible only with the latest minor version 4.50.2 and not with the previous ones once we update it.
Since this is the first time we notice such breaking changes I just wanted to point it out so that you have this in mind next time.

Congratulations again and keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Boyko
2 years ago
Yes I override both those controller functions in a number of plugins
So potentially need to manage the distribution of plugins for each of the minor versions of nopCommerce depending on what version the customer is using
2 years ago
a.m. wrote:
NEW MINOR VERSION:

Dear community! We've released a new version - 4.50.2. This is a minor release that is fully compatible with the previous version (4.50.0 and 4.50.1). So all third-party plugins for 4.50 work for all minor versions (4.50.0-4.50.2).

It contains some refactoring and bug fixes. The full list of changes in the new version is available in release notes.

Please download the latest version here

Congratulations NOP team for this quick release :)
1 year ago
Hi,

just to manage our project planning is there already an estiamte date for the new release ?

thanks
1 year ago
kava wrote:
just to manage our project planning is there already an estiamte date for the new release ?

We plan to release 4.60 in September-October 2022
1 year ago
what is the language resource for this: admin.system.warnings.pluginnotinstalled . I have a warning as follows:
admin.system.warnings.pluginnotinstalled: Must be assigned to customer role, Facebook authentication, Sendinblue, Web API Frontend, Google Authenticator, PayPal Commerce, PayPal Standard, Credit Card, Pickup in store, EasyPost, UPS (United Parcel Service), Avalara tax provider, accessiBe, Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, what3words. admin.system.warnings.pluginnotinstalled.helptext
1 year ago
["Admin.System.Warnings.PluginNotInstalled"] = "You haven't installed the following plugin(s)",
["Admin.System.Warnings.PluginNotInstalled.HelpText"] = "You may delete the plugins you don't use in order to increase startup time

Refer https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5155
1 year ago
Thanks.
From the waring list, I found some more missing strings:
admin.help.documentation
admin.common.alert.nothingselected
admin.help.solutionpartners

Thanks,
1 year ago
Just downloaded the language pack. thanks.
1 year ago
Hi, I have a 4.50 version site, can anybody recommend a developer for style customisation? If interested please send some sample being carried out recently to my mailbox. Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.