Discount Issues with attributes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi all, I was figuring out a way to get a discount I'm currently running to work with some items, which are applied to the Extra Items on the product page.

The ideal solution is:
User finds the Item -->
Radial button used to select an extra -->
Added Item + extra to cart -->
Checkout -->
User applies our referral code -->
Discount is applied to the Extra -->
[overall cost is lowered]

current solution is:
User finds item -->
Radial Button used to select an extra -->
Added item + extra to cart -->
Checkout -->
User Applies our referral code for the Extra Item/s -->
Discount isn't applied to the Extra -->
[Cost stays the same]

What I'm having an issue with is the discount not being applied to the total of the Item, with the discount on the Extra addition which is selected from the Product Page.

The issue is that the DVR Camera is an Option (Product Attribute added on as an extra), my issue is that the Discount needs to be applied to this Attribute, (We sell the Item on its own as well and the discount works fine if the item isn't an Extra), and the discount works fine there.

I have tried both Manufacturer and Category to see if it would pick up either, but it seems you cannot add a discount to a specification attribute.

This is a hard one to explain but hopefully, someone understands and might know a way to fix this issue I'm having?

p.s apologies for the length, I'm a rambler and write how I talk
2 years ago
You didn’t mention your nopCommerce version.
I would prefer you to either include a plugin which will add selected product attribute as an individual item on the cart. Which will solve your problem. I can show you a demo how it works.
Or,
Include a discount plugin which will consider selected product attribute associated product and consider discount on that product.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.