How to install other languages?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi, First of all I shoul thank you for all your hard working.
I Googled around and also searched forum but no instruction exists for starting nopCommerce with languages in Extension section. I am not sure what I should do to use other language packages.
Thanks in advance.
14 years ago
Hi,

What you will need to do is download the language pack you want and make sure it is the one for the version of nop you are using.

Then go to the administration area of nop. Goto Configuration > Location > Languages > Add New.

Then you simply fill out the language details and save then it will give you the option to upload the ResourceStrings.xml. Then the new language is installed. you can then upload the message templates.

mike..
14 years ago
Hi
When I import resources from XMP file ( I modifed English Language XMP file ) , it import nothing :
+> Message: 0 resources have been successfully imported
14 years ago
Hi,

What you will need to do is download the language pack you want and make sure it is the one for the version of nop you are using.

I load down the English for Version 1.40 (I Use NopCommerce 1.40). I copied it, translate it to German and saved it.

Then go to the administration area of nop. Goto Configuration > Location > Languages > Add New.

Then you simply fill out the language details and save

I did this then I should upload the ResourceStrings.xml. I did it and get this Error: An item with the same key has already been added. So what had I to do?

Have I to change The LangugeID? Where can I change IT?

Where ca I find this Key what I get in the Error Message?!

What is the Solution? I get Answer but sometimes I think the People do not read properly!
Please Help on this!!! Thanks

Alex
14 years ago
An item with the same key has already been added.
You have duplicated some of your locale string resources. Check your ResourceStrings.xml for duplicates
14 years ago
Hi Alex,

I've translated a german language pack for version 1.20
and updated it to version 1.40 .
the administration part is still in english - that's why
it will not be provided in 'extension download' area on this
site.

But if it's useful for you, you can download it (all as it is,
with no warrenty !) :

GermanLanguagePack5_EnglishAdminArea

I've started to translate the admin area too, but it takes too much time - also I don't need the administration
localized ...
So, nethertheless it could be useful for you.

If you try to fix your problem with the duplicate keys, it's an easy trick to import the xml file into ms access, which
generates a table with import errors, where all the duplicates are listed.

Cheers
Stefan.
14 years ago
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your mail and this posting.
I have translated the account area and admin area up to the LocaleRessource Name
"Admin.CustomersHome.CustomerRoles.Description1."

If it will be helpful for you, I can send you the file.

regards
Henner
14 years ago
Hi Henner,
thank you for posting - I've provided my partially translated admin area pack here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=2706#10752

Maybe a merge saves some time for everyone ;- )
7 years ago
Hello, I'm using version of nopcommerce 3.80 and i have already bought theme for this version.Now problem is that language pack that i'm looking for about this version is not yet supported.How can i solve this?
7 years ago
sara123 wrote:
Hello, I'm using version of nopcommerce 3.80 and i have already bought theme for this version.Now problem is that language pack that i'm looking for about this version is not yet supported.How can i solve this?

Could you mention the specific language pack name?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.