Is it possible to do this with code or need plugin for this? Create Filter with specific conditions...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
NC 3.90

I sell products with different sizes. For every product I create GROUPED PRODUCT, then for sizes I create SIMPLE PRODUCTS and map them with GROUPED PRODUCT. I don't display SIMPLE PRODUCTS individually, they are shown only inside GROUPED PRODUCT.

For example:
Grouped Product: "NIKE T-SHIRT DRY-FIT, RED"
— Simple Product: "NIKE T-SHIRT DRY-FIT, RED, SIZE XS"
      Stock qty: 5
      Visible individually: No
— Simple Product: "NIKE T-SHIRT DRY-FIT, RED, SIZE S"
      Stock qty: 115
— Simple Product: "NIKE T-SHIRT DRY-FIT, RED, SIZE M"
      Stock qty: 0

Sometimes there are some customers who come and ask for exact T-SHIRT and exact SIZE...

Can I somehow create a page (in front-end) to filter products with following conditions?
— Product Name Must Contain This Text: "SIZE S"
— Product Qty Must Be More Then: 0
— If Product is not showed individually and associated to Grouped Product, then display its GROUPED PRODUCT

Can we do it using just some code in . CSHTML file or I need to have plugin for this?

Thank you in advance.
2 years ago
That will require customization.  You may be able to use one of the paid plugins in the marketplace that supports "product filters" (aka faceted search)
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/extensions?searchterm=filter

(Although you may need to set up "Product Specification Attributes", rather than relying on text, e.g. 'SMALL', in the product name.)
2 years ago
That is currently what I am doing now with specification attributes now that the new groupings has been implemented. Although depending on your product base the specifications may have to be duplicated if they share common attributes, or setup a common group to categorize them in. In the past you had to share specification attributes across categories or get very creative with naming of the attributes from an administration aspect that is. NopTemplate themes can also help with this in their ajax filters.
But wouldn't Product Attributes (like Color, Size, etc....) help with this scenario and adding conditional logic on them. Specification attributes do not have conditional properties that can be assigned out of the box. Our product base does not utilize items like this so never really dived to far into them.
2 years ago
New York wrote:
That will require customization.  You may be able to use one of the paid plugins in the marketplace that supports "product filters" (aka faceted search)
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/extensions?searchterm=filter

(Although you may need to set up "Product Specification Attributes", rather than relying on text, e.g. 'SMALL', in the product name.)

Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to do it using specifications, because I can already do it without any plugins. Doing this with specification filters would take me so much time, which I don't want.
2 years ago
glhays wrote:
That is currently what I am doing now with specification attributes now that the new groupings has been implemented. Although depending on your product base the specifications may have to be duplicated if they share common attributes, or setup a common group to categorize them in. In the past you had to share specification attributes across categories or get very creative with naming of the attributes from an administration aspect that is. NopTemplate themes can also help with this in their ajax filters.
But wouldn't Product Attributes (like Color, Size, etc....) help with this scenario and adding conditional logic on them. Specification attributes do not have conditional properties that can be assigned out of the box. Our product base does not utilize items like this so never really dived to far into them.

It is not about specifications. It is about searching for product with exact Size/Color which we have IN STOCK...
2 years ago
It's going to require customization.  If you are using nopComemrce 4.30 or earlier, and you know SQL, it may be  easier to code it in the stored procedure ProductLoadAllPaged.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.