Global/Common Product attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hi,
I have many products that have same attributes, but the problem is, they are not linked together. If I have to update an attribute or add an attribute value, I have to do same for all the products using these attributes which is kind of repetitive.

Could there be some global or common product attributes with values that many products can linked to ?

Thank you.
2 years ago
Thanks a lot for suggestion. We had this work item but after some consideration we've decide to leave it for customization
1 year ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot for suggestion. We had this work item but after some consideration we've decide to leave it for customization

While the suggested item sounds similar but its not. What that guy asking for is product template, which can already be done by using Copy Product I suppose. But what I'm asking is for linked product attributes, if changed once, it will get auto updated to all the products using it.
1 year ago
xmenxwk wrote:
But what I'm asking is for linked product attributes, if changed once, it will get auto updated to all the products using it.

i have done similar things. you can (assign/ un-assign/ update) by (product / category/ include sub categories) to same product attributes.

if you need this PM here [email protected]
1 year ago
FYI, this was also discussed here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/45069/predefined-attributes-changes-to-reflect-on-all-products-with-those-attributes

Which explains
The way that nop currently implements the predefined values is just as a convenience to quickly pre-populate the attribute values when adding a product attribute to the product. Once they've been added to the product they don't retain a link back to the predefined value that they originated from. 

So, with the given architecture, there is no real link, and any attempt to later edit the attribute values 'globally' does not really work well, because you would have to rely on using the name/text to do the linkage.  (For example 'Color' used by different products could have completely different values.)
1 year ago
a.m. wrote:

Hello Andrei, it's the first time I write in this forum, it may be useful to have the opportunity to choose for massive update of attributes.
In my case, I have added various predefined attributes to 300 products, but now I have to add another language and I have to translate every single product attribute in each product instead of easily update once the predefined ones.
Thank you for your time.
1 year ago
With the right customisation the amount of work to add a new language for a group of attributes could be very similar as updating predefined ones

All the localisation for the Attributes is in one table called LocalizedProperty
So it is simply add a new record to the table for each product attribute for the new language

Then if you have a lot of attributes that have the same/similar propoerties for products you could have some list, search for name and bulk copy and translate functions
1 year ago
Yidna wrote:
With the right customisation the amount of work to add a new language for a group of attributes could be very similar as updating predefined ones

All the localisation for the Attributes is in one table called LocalizedProperty
So it is simply add a new record to the table for each product attribute for the new language

Then if you have a lot of attributes that have the same/similar propoerties for products you could have some list, search for name and bulk copy and translate functions

Hello Yidna, thank you for your time, I agree with you, I was just considering the fact that since there is a global attribute,  by adding one or more checkboxes  you may decide or not to update all the product attributes. In some cases it's less time consuming than writing sql.  It would be also useful to have a list item  in the single product attribute page when creating new attribute values where we can find the predefined attributes to be chosen. At this time, after the first time import of the attribute,  it is only possible to add a new value manually. I hope I was clear in this explanation. Those are just ideas to make life easier, in any case I am very satisfied  with Nopcommerce until now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.