nopCommerce training course is live now!

1 year ago
This is great news. Can you tell me if you have any feedback on the training from anyone that has taken it yet?
1 year ago
creekpeanut wrote:
This is great news. Can you tell me if you have any feedback on the training from anyone that has taken it yet?

In the first two weeks, more than 30 people purchased the course. Most of them are still in process, and those who have completed the training are very satisfied.
1 year ago
I purchased the training and went to download the associated project source code files and noted that it was not the completed plugin that was covered during the videos.  Specifically the Nop.Plugin.Misc.MyPlugin project where a support system is fully built out in the customer side and admin side.  The source code provided through the download link only provides the empty template for Nop.Plugin.Misc.MyPlugin, not the actual implementation covered in sections 6 and 7 (plugin development).  It would be extremely useful to have that working source code to follow along with the videos rather than trying to type in what's shown in the videos.

Thank you.
1 year ago
mototronic wrote:
I purchased the training and went to download the associated project source code files and noted that it was not the completed plugin that was covered during the videos.  Specifically the Nop.Plugin.Misc.MyPlugin project where a support system is fully built out in the customer side and admin side.  The source code provided through the download link only provides the empty template for Nop.Plugin.Misc.MyPlugin, not the actual implementation covered in sections 6 and 7 (plugin development).  It would be extremely useful to have that working source code to follow along with the videos rather than trying to type in what's shown in the videos.

Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

I've just emailed you the links. Please check
11 months ago
Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing the course and I have a couple of questions related to it:
- Is there an up-to-date source code from which I can follow up?
- Is the training up to date with the last version of NopCommerce
- Is there a part for the SPI plugin included as I will be working on a project which will use it
- Can I go back and forth while I am taking the course, so I can refer to it when I start actually working
- For how long is this course available?
- Are there any resources besides the videos that I can use long-term?
- Can I see some samples of the course?

It is a serious purchase and I want to make sure it is worth it.

Thank you in advance!
11 months ago
Thanks a lot for your interest in our training program. Please find answers below:

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Is there an up-to-date source code from which I can follow up?

Yes, the course includes a solution with source code. It includes all the changes described in the course

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Is the training up to date with the last version of NopCommerce

It's based on nopCommerce 4.50. But I can say that 97% of all details will be the same for version 4.60 as well (4.60 is the latest version)

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Is there a part for the SPI plugin included as I will be working on a project which will use it

No

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Can I go back and forth while I am taking the course, so I can refer to it when I start actually working

Yes, you can watch any video at any time

yoanna.kostova wrote:
For how long is this course available?

Four months after the purchase. But we can extend it for several more months if you want

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Are there any resources besides the videos that I can use long-term?

Each video has text below it, so you can also read it. And as mentioned above we provide a solution with source code. It includes all the changes described in the course

yoanna.kostova wrote:
Can I see some samples of the course?

Sure, two example videos are available here (see "View some examples of the video lessons" section)
11 months ago
I bought the full course last year during a 30% discount period and found it to be really helpful.  It is a bit like getting a senior dev to talk you all the critical areas of the codebase when you first join a new project. In particular the distinction that is made between directly changing the codebase directly versus writing a plugin which then allows you to upgrade nopCommerce versions independently without breaking your customisations.
There is a good level of detail on areas/libraries that are perhaps particular to nopCommerce which some devs may not have encoutnered before so you feel you are getting the inside track on some paths in the code tha might otherwise be obscure or difficult to follow without that knowledge.
There are some good summaries on deployment, locally for dev and to servers/Azure for production which gives you enough information to start working out how you want to set up your Dev or CI environment.
I didn't realise the material was only available for 4months when I bought the course originally but the nopCommerce team has extended it a couple of times for me over the year to allow me to get through it when I can. I would recommend it to get a leg up into the world of nopcommerce development. I would recommend.
11 months ago
Thank you all very much for the answers!
It was very helpful and it really helped me make the decision.
11 months ago
craigdistinctlook wrote:
I bought the full course last year during a 30% discount period and found it to be really helpful.  It is a bit like getting a senior dev to talk you all the critical areas of the codebase when you first join a new project. In particular the distinction that is made between directly changing the codebase directly versus writing a plugin which then allows you to upgrade nopCommerce versions independently without breaking your customisations.
There is a good level of detail on areas/libraries that are perhaps particular to nopCommerce which some devs may not have encoutnered before so you feel you are getting the inside track on some paths in the code tha might otherwise be obscure or difficult to follow without that knowledge.
There are some good summaries on deployment, locally for dev and to servers/Azure for production which gives you enough information to start working out how you want to set up your Dev or CI environment.
I didn't realise the material was only available for 4months when I bought the course originally but the nopCommerce team has extended it a couple of times for me over the year to allow me to get through it when I can. I would recommend it to get a leg up into the world of nopcommerce development. I would recommend.

You mentioned that you purchased the course with a discount, do you have any idea if there are regular discounts?

Thank you!