Change image when product is added to cart and when sold

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Hi All,
The products under all my categories are each unique products, and I do not want to remove the image when it is added to cart, or checked out ( Sold ).
I would like to be able to dynamically change the image under the following circumstances :
1.  When added to cart -  overlay original image with -> "Available, but in someone's cart"
2.  When checked out - overlay original image with -> " Sold"
Have not been able to find a plugin to this so any thoughts will be much appreciated/

tia b :)
1 year ago
There is this plugin which adds a watermark to product image
https://github.com/MarinaAndreeva/nopWatermark
You would also need to override the Shopping Cart controller
1 year ago
Thanks Yidna,

I know of that one and checked it out, but it does not allow for conditional use.  It simply puts watermarks on images for the purpose of "protecting" others from using your images.

I need to be able to dynamically change the image based on "in cart" or "sold" as I won't be removing images for quite some time after they have been sold.

thanks again though
1 year ago
Besides your image problem, how are are you preventing customers from buying a product if it's in someone else's cart?  (How long do items persist in the shopping cart?)
1 year ago
Hey there,

Hadn't actually got to that point yet as I am not finished with the site and it has not been made public.  
  Each of my products is a "one of" as they are all handmade and my thought was that ( as I will be the Admin ), if a customer clicks "buy" on an item that's already in someone else's not checked out cart, that I would let the sale go through and would just remove it from the cart that had not been checked out, and then send an email to that customer advising them that the item has been sold.  Sort of a "you snooze you lose" scenario.  
  This is probably not the best approach, but  I actually don't anticipate this happening much ( if at all ) and the main purpose for changing the image to  have a "sold" banner on it was that I want to keep the images to show prospective customers all items I have made whether sold or still available.

b :)
1 year ago
Maybe Ribbons can work for you

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/extensions?searchterm=ribbon
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.