Secure video as a product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Does nopCommerce support secure video, not a digital download file, as a product that can be either sold as a product, rental, or subscription?
1 year ago
Similar has been done before, but may require customization

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/17292/downloadable-product-url#271143
1 year ago
Not looking at downloadable content, more like integration with services like SetPlex, Uscreen, Brightcove, Vimeo OTT, or its own solution. We want to control how long a customer can access the content for a fee as well as sell physical and digital content on a single platform like NOP.
1 year ago
GraGra33 wrote:
integration with services like SetPlex, Uscreen, Brightcove, Vimeo OTT, or its own solution

How do you control access to these services - Do they have an Api where you can link end points i.e. Supplier to Customer or is it via an App or Url  

Sounds like you would be running a subscription service with a list or access options that are valid for each subscription period.
One subscription being able to download content from the site.

Like New York said it would require customisation.

In a way it is like a Rentals Function with an access systems available to be used during the valid rental period.
There is a basic rental function in nopCommerce or this pluign could be a more useful starting point.
See https://www.selectsystems.com.au/rentals-plugin
1 year ago
That was my conclusion based on what I could read. I asked here to see if there were options available.

Thanks for the help!
1 year ago
There have been other discussions in the forums about memberships/subscriptions.  They all require some customizations - e.g.
- A Role can be automatically assigned when "Purchased with product", although customization is required to remove the role.
- In a custom plugin, you can handle the OrderPaidEvent to send something to a third party API.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.