ordersettings.minimumorderplacementinterval - Please wait several seconds before placing a new order (already placed another order several seconds ag

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
NOP 4.40.4
Sometimes appear this message in placing order:

Log level
Warning
Short message
Please wait several seconds before placing a new order (already placed another order several seconds ago).
Full message
System.Exception: Please wait several seconds before placing a new order (already placed another order several seconds ago).
   at Nop.Web.Controllers.CheckoutController.OpcConfirmOrder()
IP address...
Customer....
Page URL
..../checkout/OpcConfirmOrder/
Referrer URL
.../onepagecheckout
Created on
10/5/2022 1:47:44 PM

I modified setting of  --> checkout.minorderplacementinterval  --> 1      ( default value is 30 )

If the message appears, you have to wait about 60 minutes to be able to enter a new order, otherwise the same error message will reappear ... it depends on a cache mechanism or another setting is present to make it wait a few seconds to RESET BLOCK for current user and have the user place thenew  order?

On some customers it can happen because the (different) order is simultaneously entered by the backend (site manager) and the one entered by the front-end customer.

After the appearance of the message obviously the order entry on that customer remains blocked both from the backend and from the fronted.

I also noticed this parameter ... it may be useful to me for the purpose ... what it identifies ?
>> paymentsettings.regenerateorderguidinterval  =  180

Thanks !
1 year ago
there is no such setting (checkout.minorderplacementinterval) at nopCommerce 4.50. what is your nopCommerce version?
also ordersettings.minimumorderplacementinterval default setting value is 30 (second)
1 year ago
NOP 4.40.4

you are right !
the name is --> ordersettings.minimumorderplacementinterval = 1
( NOT checkout.minorderplacementinterval... )

If I set it = 0 could it create problems?
1 year ago
RE: "wait about 60 minutes to be able to enter a new order, "
The default 30 is in seconds.  If you're having to "wait about 60 minutes", then there must be some other issue.  (Maybe your other 'backend' process is entering orders?)

Setting it 0 will not cause any problems.  It just will allow the customer to place another order "immediately".  The point of the setting/feature is to prevent a customer from 'accidentally'  hitting the 'confirm' button multiple times.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.