Distributed Cache

1 year ago
#5593 Improved clear function of distributed cache.

Thanks to the team for this. But I assume the slowness and timeout error still exist with big chunks like 2k active discount, load all categories, settings, and language string. I tried 3-4 different ways to implement it and failed successfully. I tried dynamodb and it has datasize limitation, I tried Redis and for 200 jmeter hit the site become unresponsive, I tried mongodb and it was a performance issue with 200-250 jmeter hit, I tried sqlserve and homepage load took 2-3min.

By doing some r&d I understood that the less the data size will be the more it will be faster. But the architecture simply does not align with it.

Thanks again and hope the team will consider this issue seriously in the upcoming version. Again query caching without distributed cache is really a blocker for proper load distribution and auto-scaling.
1 year ago
Thanks for the info. We'll think about it. If you have any specific ideas on improving the caching, please share them in this issue.
1 year ago
RomanovM wrote:
Thanks for the info. We'll think about it. If you have any specific ideas on improving the caching, please share them in this issue.

I am trying to overcome the blocker by using both in-memory and distributed cache. As my current solution is heavily customized so this can not be ideal for a common e-commerce something like default nopCommerce.

I will try to keep posting about the distributed cache if I can find something valuable.
1 year ago
sina.islam wrote:

I am trying to overcome the blocker by using both in-memory and distributed cache. As my current solution is heavily customized so this can not be ideal for a common e-commerce something like default nopCommerce.

I will try to keep posting about the distributed cache if I can find something valuable.

Hi,

We have an open pull request addressing, among others, these same issues: https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/pull/6531. There are no breaking changes, so if you are running 4.6 already you should be able to merge that branch and try it out right away. It's not difficult to port it to 4.5 if you need that, but you'll need to copy the files and add a sync locker method to caching extensions in that case.

We have been successfully using RedisSynchronizedMemoryCache for autoscaling Azure web apps since mid-November on a 4.5 installation.
1 year ago
By the way, please let us know here or under the pull request if you do try the code :) We'd be happy for additional feedback, and we're sure it would help the nopCommerce core team in the review process to have a third party try it out.
11 months ago
Majako wrote:

Hi,

We have an open pull request addressing, among others, these same issues: https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/pull/6531site. There are no breaking changes, so if you are running 4.6 already you should be able to merge that branch and try it out right away. It's not difficult to port it to 4.5 if you need that, but you'll need to copy the files and add a sync locker method to caching extensions in that case.

We have been successfully using RedisSynchronizedMemoryCache for autoscaling Azure web apps since mid-November on a 4.5 installation.

I tried porting to 4.5 and got an error