Sorting Product Attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
For "Catalog > Attributes > Product Attributes", I'd like to request for a future version to have it so the attributes can be sorted in ascending and descending order. :)
1 year ago
Thanks for the suggestion, but we leave it for customization.
1 year ago
RomanovM wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but we leave it for customization.

Do I understand it right that nopCommerce does not provide sorting tools for jQuery DataTables out-of-box?
1 year ago
chashikNop wrote:
... does not provide sorting tools for jQuery DataTables out-of-box?

I'm not sure what "tools" you are referring to, but the source code is available for customization.
However, in this case, it's not just a JQuery thing.  The table is bound to a server side method to return the results:
@await Html.PartialAsync("Table", new DataTablesModel
{
    Name = "products-grid",
    UrlRead = new DataUrl("List", "ProductAttribute", null),

You can just sort client side, because you may not have all the records based on the page size.
1 year ago
New York wrote:
I'm not sure what "tools" you are referring to, but the source code is available for customization.
However, in this case, it's not just a JQuery thing.  The table is bound to a server side method to return the results:
@await Html.PartialAsync("Table", new DataTablesModel
{
    Name = "products-grid",
    UrlRead = new DataUrl("List", "ProductAttribute", null),

You can just sort client side, because you may not have all the records based on the page size.

Thank you, New York!
I guess I will figure smth. out how to forward sorting parameter to server side. It is a bit 'painful' to migrate from Kendo.UI.Grid due to licensing restrictions.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.