Site breaks when doing to Login page after some time

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
When I leave the site open and then goto login site crashes, has happened quite a few times:

In event viewer I see:

Category: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgery
EventId: 7
SpanId: 490028d2f56d1d73
TraceId: 90ff3d44e810869dc6a00456d9c7c7c9
ParentId: 0000000000000000
RequestId: 8000000e-0009-f400-b63f-84710c7967bb
RequestPath: /
ActionId: fe4c52a2-5a3a-4706-ba4c-63f6961e22f3
ActionName: Nop.Web.Controllers.HomeController.Index (Nop.Web)

An exception was thrown while deserializing the token.

Exception:
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.AntiforgeryValidationException: The antiforgery token could not be decrypted.
---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The key {e1516402-f06b-49fb-b9f2-ffed54cd1070} was not found in the key ring. For more information go to http://aka.ms/dataprotectionwarning
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.UnprotectCore(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean allowOperationsOnRevokedKeys, UnprotectStatus& status)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.Unprotect(Byte[] protectedData)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.DefaultAntiforgery.GetCookieTokenDoesNotThrow(HttpContext httpContext)

No idea what this is!
1 year ago
Make sure that directory "App_Data/DataProtectionKeys" contains files "key.{guid}.xml", that they are not deleted, and that you have read/write access to them.
1 year ago
I am restarting the site a lot on IIS can it be the reason for this as i noticed it happens close to when I restart the site on IIS.
1 year ago
RomanovM wrote:
Make sure that directory "App_Data/DataProtectionKeys" contains files "key.{guid}.xml", that they are not deleted, and that you have read/write access to them.

I'm getting the same when running a pod in Kubernetes. What would be the suggested setup if using Kubernetes?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.