Nop 4.50.4 - very high memory usage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Hi

We are experincing a very high memory usage on our server running only 1 instance of Nop (4.50.4)
What seem to happen is that the system never releases any memory, it just keeps increasing until it has used more than 10 GB of memory, and then crashes.

I am not sure its related but we get a lot of hits by googlebot using some builtin account: builtin@search_engine_record.com
It will throw a lot of errors even this one:
"Facebook authentication module not configured"

I have tried putting this in my robots.txt:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow: /facebookauthentication/*

Seems to have no effect.

Any one have an idea on what is going on, atm the only thing that will keep the site running is recycle or iisreset once in a while.

Best regards,
Axel
1 year ago
Yes, same here but at home on local host.

I wrote a topic about it last week.

In the end, the issue for me was that I had a lot of Product Attribute values (the values associated to each Product attribute I had configured) associated to a product listing (just one listing).

For some reason, when that product listing was in a category, I had the same issue as you describe. Memory usage clocked up into the high 90%.

I discovered the issue by deleting Product attributes from the product listing. With each Product listing deleted, the category rendering time got better. I had over 80 Product attribute values spread across 4 Product attributes.

When I accessed the product listing directly (such as while in Preview when I was editing the product), there wasn't a problem with the product listing resolving. It was pretty quick.

For me, it was with the category view as well as with the home page view. I didn't try search, etc.

I also had the issue of the memory staying high. I'm using Linux/Debian. I had to stop the nopCommerce service in order to get the memory down. The memory issue isn't a problem at the moment. I just have to remember to limit the amount of values I tie to each Product attribute. For me, I am offering color options for custom textile work.
1 year ago
Hi

Thank you for your response.

I hope that this is not the issue here because we have way more attribute values.
Atm. we have 38.445 attribute values spread over 2 product attributes. (size and color)
We have about 2 mio. product attribute combinations in table ProductAttributeCombination.

Best regards,
Axel
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.