Category import not working?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Yidna wrote:
when I export categories, delete all existing categories I am unable to get those multiple "Others" child categories. How can I work a bulk import/export in such cases?
What version of nopCommerce ?

When you export the categories each of the "Others" categories should have a unique Id in the ParentCategoryId column

Then when you import the "Others" categories the should then associate with each of the existing categories with a CategoryId equal to the ParentCategoryId in the import file

I'm using nopcommerce 4.50.3
1 year ago
In Catalog Settings, is this field selected or not:
   Export/Import categories using name of category

Please clarify " delete all existing categories".  Are you actually deleting all the categories and expecting that the category import will recreate the entire category tree (hierarchy)?
1 year ago
New York wrote:
In Catalog Settings, is this field selected or not:
   Export/Import categories using name of category

Please clarify " delete all existing categories".  Are you actually deleting all the categories and expecting that the category import will recreate the entire category tree (hierarchy)?

Yes, the "Export/Import categories using name of category" field is checked.

Yes, I am testing the import and export functionality.
So I take an export of all categories, delete then from the application and import it back.
1 year ago
Hi. Please check that you have the catalog settings.exportimportproductcategorybreadcrumb setting enabled, it should allow loading the same subcategories in different categories

ckvigneshccts wrote:

Hi Sergie,

I am trying to import a category list that has something like, "Others" sub category under multiple parent categories. I could create it on the application.

But when I export categories, delete all existing categories I am unable to get those multiple "others" child categories.

How can I work a bulk import/export in such cases?
1 year ago
Sergei-k wrote:
Hi. Please check that you have the catalog settings.exportimportproductcategorybreadcrumb setting enabled, it should allow loading the same subcategories in different categories

Hi Sergie,

I am trying to import a category list that has something like, "Others" sub category under multiple parent categories. I could create it on the application.

But when I export categories, delete all existing categories I am unable to get those multiple "others" child categories.

How can I work a bulk import/export in such cases?

I have enabled it in my catalog settings.

But yet it does not let me upload categories when there's a scenario like this

Category A Subcategory Others
B under Category B Subcategory Others.

It throws the error:

PS - The file I tried to import is here:
https://cctsplo365-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/vignesh_ck_cctsglobal_com/EXy0-cipH4VKvIY5FPps67IBWp9XiaUFXjtIfHc88ZMj9w?e=VBL2k6
1 year ago
Yidna wrote:
Category Import normally works fine
Do you have Id's in the first column in the Execl file - if so remove them
If you have categories with parents you may need to import the categories without parents first
Then export all categories and add the new categories and set the ParentCategoryId as required
You can export a standard Category file from the demo to check you have the correct format
See https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Category/List

Regards importing Orders I have a Plugin that will import orders
See https://www.selectsystems.com.au/import-export-manager

Hi Yidna,

May I know why you suggested removing the Ids from the exported file before importing again?
1 year ago
I'm sorry for the mistake. The setting settings.exportimportproductcategorybreadcrumb only works for products. And the fact that you cannot import some of the categories should not depend on the name of the category. I would suggest that you remove the ParentCategoryId column from the file before importing (if you are importing data to a different database than you got it, this should help)

ckvigneshccts wrote:

I have enabled it in my catalog settings.

But yet it does not let me upload categories when there's a scenario like this

Category A Subcategory Others
B under Category B Subcategory Others.

It throws the error:

PS - The file I tried to import is here:
https://cctsplo365-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/vignesh_ck_cctsglobal_com/EXy0-cipH4VKvIY5FPps67IBWp9XiaUFXjtIfHc88ZMj9w?e=VBL2k6
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.