We all know just how important it is to backup your NopCommerce website but, is backing up the database enough?
- What happens to the images of your products and site if you save them to the file system?
- What happens if you want to move your site from one server to another?
- When upgrading your website its not only the database that you have to backup, there are also various files - that need to be backed up.
- Is it safe to only have a backup on the install / server that runs the site?
I haven’t even mentioned about having to manually backup and what a pain that can be.
From experience, I know just how important it is to have a FULL copy of your website (file system and Database) off-site and, also to have it automated.
This is where the Agency8 NopBackup plugin comes into play….
The NopBackup plugin takes care of this for you. The plugin backs up your site fully (file system as well as the database) and transfers the backup to Amazon S3 for safe keeping.
Here are the features:
• Backs up the database.
• Backs up the Full file system of your site.
• Backup your site manually via the NopCommerce admin.
• Backup your site with a scheduler.
• Automated backup scheduling for hourly, every 12 hours, daily, or weekly.
• Schedule local backup clean ups (daily, weekly of monthly) to save on server disk space.
• Store your backups off site on Amazon S3 for more security knowing that your site has been backed up and safe and secure!
• With a manual you can follow the progress of the backup process via ‘real-time’ progress bars and file list being processed backup showing you the progress of:
o the database backup
o the file system backup
o the Amazon S3 file backup transfer
o the Amazon S3 database backup file transfer
• The compressed backups are stored on a local folder (‘/wwwroot/nopbackups’) as well as Amazon S3 if S3 is configured and enabled.
• The backup of the database is also stored in the standard database backup folder (‘/wwwroot/db_backups’) for continuity of NopCommerce database backups.
• An email notification is sent to the default store email and contains information about the backup (succeeded or failed with errors):
o The backup type (manual or scheduled)
o Status of the database backup
o Status of the database compression
o Status of the database placement
o Status of the file backup
o Status of the Amazon S3 file backup transfer
o Status of the Amazon S3 database backup transfer
o Status of the database cleanups
o Status of the file cleanups
• Both database and file system backups are compressed into zip files to save space.
Go have a look at the plugin, have a read of the Manual to see what it can do and how it can save you time and allot of hair pulling! Keep your NopCommerce site safe and secure!