nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
Andy007 wrote:
So if I just use this one below will it effect all my work already done in the coding

That script will only upgrade the database from v4.2 to v4.3
Anything you have changed / added in the code will not be upgraded via the script
You can use a tool like DiffMerge to compare your current 4.2 version folder to the original v4.2 folder and see what changes you have made
Then you would need to manually remake those changes to v4.3
Hace 3 años
Got a new error. Logged in as customer, selected rewards points and an exception occurred because of an invalid column name UsedWithOrder.
Before I go off to investigate further I thought I should check if this has already been reported and corrected.
Hace 3 años
I suspect the below might have failed in the 4.2 to 4.3 SQL upgrade script for you...

it probably fails because of the culprit dbo. (immediately after ALTER TABLE)

have a look in the RewardPointsHistory table if the column is there

--new column
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.columns WHERE object_id=object_id('[RewardPointsHistory]') and NAME='UsedWithOrder')
BEGIN
  ALTER TABLE dbo.RewardPointsHistory ADD UsedWithOrder uniqueidentifier NULL
END
GO

Hace 3 años
Thanks Jon that's it sorted.
Hace 3 años
Great Brian.  I've logged the bug in the SQL script as an issue on Github. Hopefully the guys will update the download link, so people dont trip up on this in future when upgrading Db
Hace 3 años
Thank you!!!
We have been waiting for this release for almost 4 months now!

Thank you thank you :)
Hace 3 años
In the admin panel, local widgets, reload list of widgets shuts down the app.  I'm running the latest 4.3 version from GitHub as of May 30, 2020.  Visual Studio 2019 with all updates.
Hace 3 años
Yes running in Visual Studio that's how it works
Just restart IIS Express after Restart Application or Plugin Changes
Hace 3 años
thanks much for your reply - not a big deal but I didn't experience that with previous Nop versions so thought I'd mention it
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.