Klarna payments and Xero accounting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
My Nop stores are backed by Klarna as a payment method. We also use Xero accounting for our financials.

Getting transactions form Klarna > to import a bank statement CSV in Xero has been a headache (manual process).

If anyone else has the same scenario, I have developed a .net core console app to convert the .CSV files from source > destination format, between a transaction date range.

Happy to share source code to public Git if anyone is interested or in need.

Jon
Hace 3 años
Hi Jon.

It sounds like you have created something to resolve my current hair loss problem.

Could you please share it with me.

Thanks
Shaun
Hace 3 años
Hi ShaunJUK,

I just need to tweak it a little as something changed on the klarna export which has broken it. I'll need a day or so, then I'll post it to github where you can grab it, and happy to discuss.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it gets the data from A > B without manually preparing spreadsheets.

Jon

ShaunJUK wrote:
Hi Jon.

It sounds like you have created something to resolve my current hair loss problem.

Could you please share it with me.

Thanks
Shaun
Hace 3 años
Thats great.

How do you get it to deal with VAT? I noticed the statement I download doesn't have vat per transaction just on the total fees.

Oh I also had problems with the fees showing as a positive figure.

Shaun
Hace 3 años
The Klarna transaction report  has amount (net) and tax_amount for each transaction - we add them together to put the gross amount into the Xero bank statement csv

Then when we manually reconcile the Klarna bank account in Xero, we post a new (tax inclusive) transaction against Klarna supplier with an expenses nominal code with default of 20% VAT

For the fees, we have logic that if its identified as a  klarna fee or sales refund , we multiply by -1 before output

ShaunJUK wrote:
Thats great.

How do you get it to deal with VAT? I noticed the statement I download doesn't have vat per transaction just on the total fees.

Oh I also had problems with the fees showing as a positive figure.

Shaun
Hace 2 años
Hi, Would it be possible to share this file with me please?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.