How to display customer list as membership directory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
I am using NC 4.2 as the basis for our cycling team's website that includes a members only area for registered members (members=customers). We have members register, and new applicants register with approval. Once a member, they have access to the members area that allows them to buy team gear, which is not exposed or available  to the non-member public.

I'd like to be able to have a page in the members (customers) area that lists all members in a directory format so members can contact other members, read their bio, etc. I can capture all of the info I would display during the registration process. Also, members can edit their own info, of course, via the account management capability. So all I lack is a page that lists all customers on a page with a flag to show the customer record or not (opt in to the directory listing).

I could brute force a solution by creating each member as a "product", but that would be a shame to do since I'd have to somehow get all of the registration info loaded in as a product with photo, description, etc., and the info is already in the customer data.

Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.

www.tradewidcyclingteam.com
Hace 3 años
LesMc wrote:
www.tradewidcyclingteam.com

That would be https://tradewindcyclingteam.com/ I think
I checked the marketplace and googled but could not see any plugin to do it

You already have customers registered and all their details so best option is to create a customised list of members that have opted in via a custom customer attribute and tick box in their account

Then hide the list in your membership area
Basically it could be a different version of the Admin Customers list
yourwebsite.com/Admin/Customer/List but accessible from the frontend
Hace 3 años
Yes, thanks, that is the path that I need to take.  I'm an old C# webforms guy, so will have trouble actually implementing the new view, creating a link to it, etc.

Any tips or links to documentation on how to add a second and alternate view of an existing view would be appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.