Grouped products with 10+ Varients

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
For grouped products with variants, is it possible to show the products associated with it in a dropdown, rather than NOP's default display of each variant. We can not use attributes because each variation is a different SKU.

The problem is for products with 5 to 10+ variations, the page becomes an endless scroll which is very cumbersome to review all the options.
Hace 3 años
Have you considered using products attributes with 'Attribute value type' of "Associated to product"?
See this
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/88331/associated-to-product-how-this-work
Hace 3 años
The setup:
The products are grouped. The grouped item cannot be purchased.
The variants are simple and associated with the grouped (a.k.a. parent) product.

The problem is the nop default display where the grouped product (parent) with all its corresponding info is displayed followed by product variants (children) with the image and corresponding info.

For a small grouped variant product (2-3 variants) this is acceptable. For larger grouped products this creates what appears to be an endless vertical page scroll.  Combined with the fact that often the images and corresponding info is similar this gives the impression of a broken page.  

At best the current nop default  is cumbersome on desk tops and worse on mobile.

What I would like to see is the product page land on the parent with the parent image and info and  a drop down  list of variants. When a variant is selected from the drop down the parent info is replaced with the variant info. Additionally the attributes should correspond to the selected varient
Hace 3 años
That will require customization.  You may be able to achieve it by modifying

\Views\Product\ProductTemplate.Grouped.cshtml
Hace 3 años
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the template.  I'll take a look but to be honest I will dd it to the wish list.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.