Is ShipStation allowing nopCommerce as one of their platforms to connect to?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hace 3 años
It does NOT appear that ShipStation has nopCommerce as one of it's platforms to connect to like WOO Commerce and others? Does anyone know how to connect ShipStation to nopCommerce Shipping Provider? The instructions in nopCommerce do NOT work since you can not find nopCommerce in ShipStation.

Thanks, Wilf Chesterfield
[email protected]
Hace 3 años
I've not tried it myself, but since the instructions say to
Go to the "Settings » API Settings" page and get the API Key and the API Secret and copy them on the plugin settings

I assume that don't need to " find nopCommerce in ShipStation", because your using the "API Settings" alone to do the connection.
Hace 3 años
We are not using ShipStation to get shipping costs so therefore we don’t need to fill out the API keys in nopCommerce ShipStation setup. We just need the orders from our nopCommerce website sent to our vendors ShipStation account so they can fulfill our nopCommerce website orders.
Hace 3 años
I think you can make the "Shipping Provider" (rate calculation) not active, and the plugin's WebHook will still respond to requests for "export" of orders.

RE: "...sent to our vendors ShipStation account "
Then you would probably need them to set up the API key stuff.  I don't know if there's any additional config in ShipStation online settings to initiate export requests.

(Disclaimer again:  I've not tried this)
Hace 3 años
But there has to be a way for the ShipStation account to be able to know to receive orders from nopCommerce website? There seems no way in ShipStation to make that data connection to a nopCommerce website?  Does anyone today connect to ShipStation from nopCommerce?

Thank You Wilf Chesterfield
Hace 3 años
I believe the instructions on the plugin config page describes that.  "Choose the Custom Store option":

Select Selling Channels from the left-hand sidebar, then choose Store Setup.
Click + Connect a Store or Marketplace.
Choose the Custom Store option
Enter the "https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Plugins/ShipStation/Webhook" to the URL to Custom XML Page setting
Hace 3 años
New York is correct.

I use the paid NopCommercePlus version (more options) of shipstation with nopC 4.3 without calculations. Nop Team's shipstation version is basic and sends the guid for order id instead of order#.

If you only want exporting orders and importing shipment records, just use the webhook. Only need to provide the webhook url, username and password, done.
Hace 3 años
[email protected] wrote:
Is ShipStation allowing nopCommerce as one of their platforms to connect to?

Yes. Furthermore, we're official partners with ShipStation. And we developed our plugins in cooperation with the ShipStation team

Instructions available on the plugin configuration page are valid
Hace 2 años
We have Shipstation set up as a shipping provider, but did not use the API key or Secret. We use a fixed rate shipping and have Manual (Fixed or By Weight and By Total) set as a shipping provider to achieve this.

So both are set up as Shipping Providers and by not adding the API key and secret, shipstation does not return the shipping calculations but by setting up the store in shipstaion and using the webhook, everything is still passed to shipstation after order is placed.

Not sure if this is the correct way to achieve this, but it works. We do get an error in the log when shipping estimate is calculated because we do not have the API info entered in the plugin configuration so shipstation returns (Shipping (ShipStation). The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.)

So if I have this set up wrong and someone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks
Hace 2 años
To prevent "get an error in the log when shipping estimate is calculated", as I mentioned above:
I think you can make the "Shipping Provider" (rate calculation) not active, and the plugin's WebHook will still respond to requests for "export" of orders.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.